Best Song Survivor: The Last Showdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

In the first showdown, there was a massive upset. One, the winner of both previous Best Song Survivors, was eliminated - and not just in a regular elimination, but by a mercy ruling. This leaves the latest Best Song Survivor's winner, WOWY, to compete against fan favourite and past runner-up Streets for ultimate honours.

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
37 votes: One
15: With Or Without You
6: Where The Streets Have No Name
(Total votes: 58 - mercy ruled)

This is a very hard call. I don't rank either of these songs in my top 20 U2 songs (Streets used to be there), but they're both great tracks. I'm going WOWY.

Close poll now plz?

WOWY, because Streets is just THE U2 anthem. The whole atmosphere with the organ, the timing change, the simple but brilliant bass, the drums(though live > studio)... It just owns. Only lacking part in the studio version is lack of backing vocals.

WoWY.

Streets really is a worthy winner. Not that it's my favorite U2 song (sometimes it is), but for most people it's one of their favorites...and that's why it wins.

WOWY... Streets is a much better song than WOWY. I do still like WOWY, but I still think there are many similar songs such as Stay that are as good as or better than it. Streets isn't my favorite U2 song by any stretch of the imagination, but I can rest in peace with it winning.

I used to like Streets the best.... It's dropped a bit.

01. The Unforgettable Fire
02. New Year's Day
03. With Or Without You
04. All I Want Is You
05. Heartland
06. Bad
07. Like A Song
08. Where The Streets Have No Name
09. Pride
10. Acrobat

Streets is better live. But With Or Without You is better in the studio.

Voted Streets but of course we knew it would win anyways which is why it wasn't included in the first place. So may I please remind everyone that WOWY won the last big tournament. :wink:

Would it be safe to say now that One could be included in future tournaments as it doesn't seem to be an automatic winner now? :hmm:

Thanks for running these Axver :applaud: it's always fun.

well almost always :wink:

'One' may have won both of the previous survivors but I remember at least one and probably two Best Song competitions from many moons ago and Streets won both of them.

I guess I could search for those threads but it doesn't really matter.

I just don't see One going out first as a huge upset.

Especially these days, that song has lost some value IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom