Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Where the Streets Have No Name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With or Without You

• One Tree Hill

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Trip Through Your Wires tripped through Interference's wires in the last round, becoming the first song from The Joshua Tree to be eliminated in this contest. Ten songs remain to compete for four slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

If I could only listen to Mothers of the Disappeared or Red Hill Mining Town for the rest of my life, I'd choose Mothers in a heartbeat.

That said, I wouldn't vote against any of the other remaining 8 to save it, so my vote goes to Red Hill.

Red Hill Mining Town

I really hope Exit sticks around for a long, long time.

I'm having a hard time deciding which four songs I want to go through to the finals:

1. One Tree Hill (duh)
2. Exit (I love the brooding studio version and the live versions dominate)
3. Red Hill Mining Town

... fourth could be WOWY, In God's Country, or MOTD. I also love Streets, Bullet, and RTSS, though I don't think they're quite contenders for fourth (I've got to be honest and say I have Streets burnout, except for a couple of my favourite Lovetown performances - the 26 and 30 December 1989 ones). I'll be gutted if MOTD or RHMT leave this early. Second half of this album is the best half if you ask me.

My vote goes to ISHFWILF. Boring. No two ways about it.

Exit... I'd rather Mums of the Disappeared stick around a bit longer, but can't bring myself to vote for Red Hill this early.

I almost voted for Bullet, but then I decided to give strategic voting a go and voted for RHMT to save Mothers. I feel terrible for voting RHMT though. :p

The Joshua Tree is where voting gets hard for me... so many great songs! And it will probably only get worse with the 90's...

Voting for any of these songs is like choosing which kitten to drown first. Fucking painful. :sad:

My two least favorite remaining are the two with the most votes. Couldn't be happier with this round.

I voted Mothers, but it doesn't feel good. It's a beautiful song and the version Digitize posted is something else...

Back
Top Bottom