Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Mothers of the Disappeared was taken from us in the last round, leaving nine songs competing for The Joshua Tree's four slots in the late 1980s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

It appears that Silkensky and myself, BlueSilkenSky, are the lone voters for Bullet. That amuses me. :giggle:

Seeing as I tied it, and there's only four votes, we probably won't be alone for long, unless some RHMT haters from the last round show up. (Okay, maybe not haters. I voted for it myself to save Mothers. But alas, my effort was in vain. :( )

ISHFWILF is the only song in this round that I don't love to some degree - it and Trip are the two songs I usually skip on JT.

Pretty disappointed MOTD went so early.

I want IGC, Still Haven't Found and Streets to progress. I'd hate to vote strategically this early to preserve them, but may have to. Exit and OTH are clearly the next that I would like to depart. But Bullet and Red Hill it may have to be.

On a side note, what a cracking battle this album is! Unforgettable Fire was quite predictable, with quite a few shellackings. This is much more intriguing.

Just doesn't blow my mind like most of the others do. I have real issues with Side Two of this album, aside from Mothers, I find the three track sequence before Mothers decidedly average. Not horrid like War, but just unremarkable. It is pretty much the decisive reason why I prefer AB over JT.

I'm voting Red Hill Mining Town. It doesn't seem to grab me as much as the others, nor does it grab me as much as it does other people. Once it, In God's Country, and Exit leave, it's gonna get fucking tough.

Inte is on drugs.

I'm not sure any album has a passage of three songs quite as exceptionally well done as OTH/Exit/MOTD.

Sad to see mothers go, even more so at seeing Red Hill doing so badly as it's one of my all time top 10 U2 tracks.

IGC again for me, though I agree with Ax about I Still Haven't Found.

Inte is on drugs.

I'm not sure any album has a passage of three songs quite as exceptionally well done as OTH/Exit/MOTD.

You probably won't agree as you're not a huge Achtung fan, but UV, Acrobat and LIB is almost up there with Joshua Tree's "suite of death" or whatever it's been called, but yeah JT's final act is truly awe inspiring.

I really want Exit to proceed: such a dark, raw, incredible song!

My final four are Streets, WOWY, One Tree Hill and Exit.

I've decided to abstain from voting. These songs are just too damn good (I'd go as far as to say they are amongst the finest music ever recorded).

An Cat Gav said:
You probably won't agree as you're not a huge Achtung fan, but UV, Acrobat and LIB is almost up there with Joshua Tree's "suite of death" or whatever it's been called, but yeah JT's final act is truly awe inspiring.

Axver despises Ultraviolet. But I agree with you. Actually, I think that the two segments are very similar.

An Cat Gav said:

AB's final three destroys JT's.

I can't vote for Bullet yet, if only because the live versions take off so explosively. I think In God's Country is the only choice that makes sense for me.

And the way that people revere One Tree Hill on this board, it damn well better win the entire competition. :wink:

There's no way One Tree Hill will win the whole thing. I'll be surprised if it makes top 10.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

seven poeple already want to axe IGC !!!!???

What's the world coming to!!!??
One of the most :faint: :bow: ~Sonically Beautiful~,
a rolling-sweeping melody, some cool lyrics, gorgeous on record, and wonderful live (electric) U2 (or any R&R band) songs ever!!!!! I am cry!:sad:

:wink:
I am, tho, really suprised that that many peole voted against it.
It's in my either top 3, top 5 or occasionally top 8 never lower.

OTOH miy vote is a "minority" vote - WOWY

I've really disliked that song for decades. Finally started tolerating it, and sort of like it now. :D

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

seven poeple already want to axe IGC !!!!???

What's the world coming to!!!??
One of the most :faint: :bow: ~Sonically Beautiful~,
a rolling-sweeping melody, some cool lyrics, gorgeous on record, and wonderful live (electric) U2 (or any R&R band) songs ever!!!!! I am cry!:sad:

I am, tho, really suprised that that many peole voted against it.
It's in my either top 3, top 5 or occasionally top 8 never lower.

OTOH miy vote is a "minority" vote - WOWY

I've really disliked that song for decades. Finally started tolerating it, and sort of like it now. :D

I was with you – I was all, YEA, IGC IS THE BEST! – and then you pulled that WOWY nonsense. Sigh.

IGC is awesome. Come on, people. :(

Also, I didn't notice that the final three songs on JT and AB are both descents in darkness. Cool! I guess it does make them similar, except that I think AB's worked better thematically.

The first time I heard Exit, I listened to it on repeat for over six hours straight while working (partly because I was too distracted to change the song, though). Still love it.

Back
Top Bottom