Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, Wire was eliminated by a large margin. A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, and Bad shall be The Unforgettable Fire's representatives in the late 1980s quarterfinal round. Now competition begins for The Joshua Tree. Eleven songs compete for its four slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Mothers. Trip is a helluva lotta fun on an album that up to that point is pretty serious (not that that's a bad thing, just gives the album some nice levity).

Mothers is nice enough but can't stand up to the rest of these tunes.

Anyone who votes for Running to Stand Still in the TJT polls dies.

My ranking for this album is something like this:

1) With or Without You
2) One Tree Hill
3) Where the Streets Have No Name
4) Running to Stand Still or Mothers of the Disappeared (so close... I love both songs)
...Whatever...
∞^∞) Trip

Mothers of the Disappeared, though I expect Trip will be ousted first. Probably Exit will even go before Mothers. But Mothers it is.

1. With Or Without You
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. Running to Stand Still
4. One Tree Hill
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. In God's Country
7. Exit
8. Bullet The Blue Sky
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. Trip Through Your Wires
11. Mothers of the Disappeared

I will be voting to eliminate Trip, OTH and Exit as early as possible, and voting to keep Streets, Still Haven't Found and In god's Country for as long as possible.

I like Trip a lot, but I love Mothers. Gotta go with Trip for the first round.
Bullet's many amazing live performances are the only thing saving it for me. The studio version does nothing for me.

How the hell did Trip even make the album. Or get released at all. Especially when they had Heartland, Luminous Times, and Spanish Eyes all lying around.

Can't believe anybody would vote for Mothers of the Disappeared. OTH/Exit/MOTD is my favourite part of the album.

Ok so the UF one was very hard and this is no better. Talk about splitting hairs.

I will start with Red Hill Mining Town. I love the lyrics but over the years have grown to dislike the vocal delivery. It is a screamfest.

EDIT: @#$@!#$ I accidently voted for Running To Stand Still. Damn it.

Trip is fucking great.

I'm going with Mothers so Trip doesn't get whipped too badly. I like it though, along with every other song here. This is their most consistent album.

AndrewCowley said:
Ok so the UF one was very hard and this is no better. Talk about splitting hairs.

I will start with Red Hill Mining Town. I love the lyrics but over the years have grown to dislike the vocal delivery. It is a screamfest.

EDIT: @#$@!#$ I accidently voted for Running To Stand Still. Damn it.

I'm more than willing to change it

AndrewCowley said:
digitize, if you can change my vote from RTSS to RHMT that would be great. Can I change it myself?

No you can't. And neither can I, really. What I can do is mentally change your vote when the round is over if it matters.

Trip Through Your Wires. One of the worst vocal melodies Bono has ever come up with.

Back
Top Bottom