Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third round for The Joshua Tree in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Joshua Tree will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the second round, EYKIW sucked and eliminated Mothers Of The Disappeared.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. Trip Through Your Wires
10. Mothers Of The Disappeared

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
25 votes: Mothers Of The Disappeared
17: Bullet The Blue Sky
14: Red Hill Mining Town
12: In God's Country
9: Exit
3: Running To Stand Still
2: With Or Without You, One Tree Hill (wtf)
(Total votes: 93)

I'd normally vote ISHFWILF. However, RHMT is my second favourite song on JT. I want it to make the final. So I'm bandwagoning Bullet, the most realistic chance of protecting it. Plus, Bullet is what I'd vote for if ISHFWILF were eliminated anyway. (Though I'd vote for anything but One Tree Hill to protect RHMT.)

Bullet, I love you live. But I part ways with you in the studio. I've always felt U2 should have re-recorded Bullet and Running in the ZooTV manner for a b-side to a Zooropa single.

How is Exit better than Bullet? No comprende.

Neither's as good studio as they were live, but I think studio Exit has better atmosphere than Bullet. And better lyrics.

How is Exit better than Bullet? No comprende.

Agreed. Biggest shocker thus far....it's still early in the race people, we should be voting out the song that wasn't even mixed right. :doh:

Exit is epic, dark, brooding.. Last thread made me realise that the album version of Bullet is actually pretty boring.

I'll be banned when Bullet leaves the building. :wink: Sorry Sicy.

Bullet, seriously? We all know it rocks live, but that doesn't make the studio version bad does it? Worse than God's Country and Red Hill, really?

In God's Country :down:

:reject: BTW, what happened to WTSHNN?

See:

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third round for The Joshua Tree in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Joshua Tree will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

I'll be holding on to my vote until later to see if RHMT will need saving. If not, I'll be voting for ISHFWILF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom