Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very emotionally attached to this album. I think I may have to boycott participating in this for fear of getting very upset. :lol:

Red Hill. After its gone, I have no idea what I'll vote for. But I hope those voting for Red Hill will then gang up against the MotD voters next round. It can't go so soon :sad:

It really is just a wonderful album. It's not my personal #1 favorite, but I think it might be their best work, all things considered.

Why did the last round last only 2 hours or whatever, it's gotta be given at least 12 hours....or something a bit more adequate.

ISHFWILF or IGC to win.......these songs took a few years to grow on me, but are most certainly my favourite tracks off the album after StreetS

"Exit" as well...it's probably on par with some of the other songs thanks to the remastered version having the volume amped....but at this point, it's the chick that turns hot in the last semester of high school...too late for you to work your way in there and make the most of things. :doh:

Wow, these rounds are going to be sheer mayhem after the borefest that was the previous album. Running/One/Without are locks for moving on, but it's anyone's guess what #4 will be.

We're doing Passengers, right, Axver?

Why did the last round last only 2 hours or whatever, it's gotta be given at least 12 hours....or something a bit more adequate.

Hell no. Mercy rule is invoked as soon as the outcome is blindingly obvious. Trip's elimination was clear, to put it mildly.

We're doing Passengers, right, Axver?

Yep. But it'll be a straight vote for favourites (like the b-sides categories) with the top three going through to the final.

I kinda wish the entire first round of this hadn't happened while I was sleeping, even though I would have voted for TTYW, but whatever.

And I voted for Exit now. Cool song, but it has a hell of a lot of competition on this album.

I'll be angry if MOTD is eliminated now. It is one of the best closers they've ever done (and it's better live, see JT Tempe).

I'm aghast at the RHMT and MOTD votes. This forum baffles me sometimes. I'll take RHMT as JT's second best song, thanks.

1. One Tree Hill
2. Red Hill Mining Town
3. With Or Without You
Streets
4. In God's Country
5. Mothers Of The Disappeared
6. Exit
7. Running To Stand Still
8. Bullet The Blue Sky
9. ISHFWILF
10. Trip

3-6 are essentially equal. If I did this list again tomorrow, I'd probably shuffle the order.

ISHFWILF

How can someone vote for OTH in the second round is completely beyond my understanding.

How can someone vote for OTH in any round is also beyond my understanding.

Please ban MrMac for voting OTH.

I came back here in the morning to find that I'm still the only one who voted for it. One-person club all over again... :wink:

MrMac, I think your problem is you have things around the wrong way. You should be putting OTH at #1 and Elevation last, not first. :wink:

:lol:
Well played.

Anyway, I'm not liking that my favorite song here along IGC is "winning" this thing right now.

ISHFWILF

The remastered Joshua Tree finally made me fall in love with the album, especially Exit and Mothers of the Disappeared

ISHFWILF and Bullet are weak compared to the rest...

You see? This is why TJT >>> AB, because there are any number of AB tracks that I'd have no problem slicing off like an appendix and tonsils...but here? Hell, I even like Trip.

Voted Bullet, album version is lacking.

:ohmy:missed round 1 , but that was an easy choice:wink:
Hmm...between MOTD and RHMT.
I voted MOTD , just by an inch.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom