Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, Exit... well, exited. That leaves seven songs vying for four songs in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

In God's Country. LOVE IT, so hard to vote it off, but the rest of the songs are nothing short of EPIC. I forgot how awesome this album really is!

In God's Country is a better song than I Still Haven't found, but I've always enjoyed the latter. It's light and fun to listen to, and I loved the crowd sing-alongs during the 360 tour.

It seems to me that Streets, One Tree Hill, and With or Without You are locks to move on. I would guess that the fourth slot will go to either Running to Stand Still or Still Haven't Found. Knowing Interference, I would expect Running to Stand Still to take it (something I would be very happy with). Also, that's exactly how it worked out in the last Rate the Song series.

In God's Country is damn near perfection.

But so is most of this album, so ....

(I voted for Bullet. :shh: )

Voting Bullet out before Still Haven't Found makes me sad.

djerdap said:
Voting Bullet out before Still Haven't Found makes me sad.

Nah, Still Havent Found is pretty much perfection. Bullet is cool I guess but the studio version always felt too "heavy" for U2, at least to me. Now, Zoo TV/Popmart and even some Elevation performances were pretty bad ass, though.

You folks still haven't found the right song to oust. We've kicked out MOTD, RHMT, and Exit, but ISHFWILF is still lingering here as if it has any right to be mentioned in the same breath as these other brilliant songs? Well at least it's made my vote easy for a good few rounds in a row.

Also, when I think of Bullet, I don't think of the studio version, but the scintillating ZooTV versions. To me, that is Bullet.

You folks still haven't found the right song to oust. We've kicked out MOTD, RHMT, and Exit, but ISHFWILF is still lingering here as if it has any right to be mentioned in the same breath as these other brilliant songs? Well at least it's made my vote easy for a good few rounds in a row.

Also, when I think of Bullet, I don't think of the studio version, but the scintillating ZooTV versions. To me, that is Bullet.
I see what you did there?

I agree about Bullet- whenever I think of it I try to think of the Zoo TV versions, because they were undeniably the best- but I've been going by album tracks when I vote and I just don't like album Bullet. Never did.

I don't exactly love ISHFWILF, but weirdly enough, hearing it played on the radio over and over again made me warm up to it. Usually songs get overplayed... but the more I heard ISHFWILF, the more I liked it. But it's still not a favorite- just enough to keep me from voting for it.

Nah, Still Havent Found is pretty much perfection. Bullet is cool I guess but the studio version always felt too "heavy" for U2, at least to me. Now, Zoo TV/Popmart and even some Elevation performances were pretty bad ass, though.

The studio version is too "heavy", but the ZooTV version, which is about ten times heavier, is "bad ass"? Yeah that makes sense.

I see what you did there?

I agree about Bullet- whenever I think of it I try to think of the Zoo TV versions, because they were undeniably the best- but I've been going by album tracks when I vote and I just don't like album Bullet. Never did.

I've got heaps more lame song title puns up my sleeve too!

I've been voting just on my overall impression of the songs - and I've definitely had my opinion of Bullet shaped predominantly by the live versions. From the day I bought R&H, I knew Bullet really came into its own on stage.

Back
Top Bottom