Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The studio version is too "heavy", but the ZooTV version, which is about ten times heavier, is "bad ass"? Yeah that makes sense.

That didn't come off the way I intended, sorry. By "heavy" I guess I meant in the context of the rest of the album, like in an out of place kind of way. At least for me. I almost always skip the song. In the live set though its a whole different ball game, especially ZooTV/Popmart. Much better arrangement, and improved guitar work, too.

I agree. The ZooTV, Popmart, and the Mark Chapman Elevation version of Bullet are in my top 5 of U2 songs in general.

ZooTv Bullet is brilliant, but in this light I have to look at overall songs. I mean, the Zootv version of RTSS is brilliant too, but I really, really don't give a crap for the original or any other versions. So I can't rate it high, even though the ZooTv version is great. With Bullet, the other versions take it down too, original was okay, popmart was downright disastrous, Elevation and especially Vertigo boring as fuck...

At least with ISHFWILF there's the whole experience that it has become live. Can't think of a song that's more fun to sing with 60k people.

I can't recall that gig in particular, but the problem with Popmart Bullet is that it's fucking awesome until the solo ends, and then it putters around going nowhere for two minutes.

Vertigo Bullet was a huge letdown for me. Popmart and Elevation (Mark Chapman rant) were great. Zoo TV stands on its own obviously.

I can't recall that gig in particular, but the problem with Popmart Bullet is that it's fucking awesome until the solo ends, and then it putters around going nowhere for two minutes.

Yup, and the same thing happened with Vertigo with Bono's blind man thingy.... I may be easily distracted, but man that bored me to tears.

Back
Top Bottom