Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkmoon is one of the most underrated songs in the U2 catalog...voted AoH.

To Aardvark747, Addicted To Bad, An Cat Gav, BigAl, Don Marino, hillers, Irishteen, major_panic, Oregoropa, Reggo, Roland of Gilead, Sicy, thefly418, thelaj, The_Pac_Mule, vaz02.

See me after class.

This is how I felt about IGC. :sad:

Axver, how do you feel about B-sides Survivor? Every B-side competing against one another (studio tracks, live recordings, remixes)...only criteria is that it has to have been a B-side on an officially released single and not be the same (or an edit) of a track released previously on a studio album. Would be interesting to see a "Night and Day" remix up against "Spanish Eyes" up against a killer live take of "Streets"...

One song from each single would advance to the next round. We'd then do a bit of whittling down every ten singles or so with a finale of about twenty songs.

A b-side survivor would probably be fun, though the participation would be rather lower than this game and you'd have a problem when it comes to lesser known b-sides being punished for their obscurity. i.e. the b-sides from the Best Of bonus discs will inherently do better than the others, regardless of comparative quality.

A b-side survivor would probably be fun, though the participation would be rather lower than this game and you'd have a problem when it comes to lesser known b-sides being punished for their obscurity. i.e. the b-sides from the Best Of bonus discs will inherently do better than the others, regardless of comparative quality.

viva davidoff, damn it.

I just want to see people forced into choosing one of the Lemon remixes. :lol:

See, to me, a b-sides survivor should really only be actual b-sides. Is there even a valid basis for comparison between an original U2 song and some MW remix?

I know I wouldn't be able to vote on rounds like MW or Lemon, since I don't think I've listened to any of those remixes more than once, five years ago, and I may not have even listened to them all. I imagine that's true for most people. Sticking just to actual original songs would keep participation reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom