Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best to worst list (subject to change)

01. All I Want Is You
02. Heartland
03. God Part II
04. Desire
05. Hawkmoon 269
06. Angel Of Harlem
07. Van Diemen's Land
08. When Love Comes To Town
09. Love Rescue Me

I'm always surprised at how much I love all of these songs, yet R&H is still one of the albums I never think to list among my favorites. :ohmy:

This round will be tough. All these songs are :up:++++ but that said LRM will be my first vote.

Absolutely fantastic:

1. All I Want Is You
2. Hawkmoon 269

Great:

3. Desire
4. Heartland
5. God Part II
6. Angel Of Harlem

Decent enough:

7. Love Rescue Me
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. When Love Comes To Town

I was hoping to mercy rule LRM out of the tournament, but I'd forgotten to count on this forum's baffling hatred for WLCTT.

My own rankings:
1. Heartland
2. God Part II
3. All I Want Is You
4. When Love Comes To Town
5. Hawkmoon 269
6. Van Diemen's Land
7. Desire
8. Angel Of Harlem
9,000,000. Love Rescue Me

If Hawkmoon were like the live version, it'd be second.

I was hoping to mercy rule LRM out of the tournament, but I'd forgotten to count on this forum's baffling hatred for WLCTT.

:shrug: You mercy ruled Trip with less of a gap than this. I highly doubt WLCTT is going to fall that quickly.

The gap wasn't important for Trip. The fact it had shot to such a decisive lead in two hours and was only set to gain even more was the important part.

I'll probably mercy rule this just because we're 23 votes away from 100 votes (we've only passed that mark in a few rounds), and the odds of WLCTT getting almost all of those and passing LRM are staggeringly slim. But at this stage, I'd still prefer a 20+ vote lead.

Yeah, but that could have just been unfortunate timing on Trip's part. There were some pretty skewed results early on in rounds of the album survivor because the superthreaders would be the first to vote. :wink:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire // God Part II
3. All I Want Is You
4. When Love Comes to Town
5. Love Rescue Me
6. Angel of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land

8. Heartland

MrMac continues to fail.

Yeah, but that could have just been unfortunate timing on Trip's part. There were some pretty skewed results early on in rounds of the album survivor because the superthreaders would be the first to vote. :wink:

If anybody actually believes the result would've been any different, they're delusional. I very nearly ran JT without Trip because it was such an obvious first loser.

If anybody actually believes the result would've been any different, they're delusional. I very nearly ran JT without Trip because it was such an obvious first loser.

I'm not saying you're in any way wrong in this area. :lol: But it doesn't make much sense to complain about being blocked from mercy ruling something when you've done so with less conclusive results in the past.

Seriously, LRM is doomed. Pull the plug and put it out of its misery.

Righto, let's move on. This outcome's not going to change, even if it's only a 19 vote margin. 19 or 20 votes, no song has ever recovered that margin - especially not after 75+ votes have been cast.

VOTING CLOSED.

I'm not saying you're in any way wrong in this area. :lol: But it doesn't make much sense to complain about being blocked from mercy ruling something when you've done so with less conclusive results in the past.

I'd say Trip's case was, by far, the most conclusive mercy ruling we've had. Anybody who disputes it clearly just hasn't paid enough attention to this tournament and its voting patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom