Best Song Survivor: Rattle and Hum Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
So loooooooooooooooooooooong to Angel of Harlem after the last round! Five songs from Rattle and Hum remain to compete for three slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Hmmmm ....

I'm really sick of Desire.

On the other hand, I just don't think God Part II is all that and a bag of chips.

Hmmmm ....

Desire. The Lovetown versions were incredible, and the Mirrorball Man version pretty good too, but otherwise it's a song that doesn't stand out too much to me.

People are actually voting for Hawkmoon?

God Part II rocks but the lyrics are hilarious.

Hawkmoon. There's only so many "I need your loves" I can tolerate in one song, and Hawkmoon surpasses that by, I dunno, twenty? :huh:

I never liked the end of Hawkmoon. Always thought it ruined a pretty good song. I would have voted it out before Angel of Harlem, had AOH not been the designated victim of strategic voting to save God Part II.

Hawkmoon is the second best song left. AIWIY is my second favorite U2 song overall though, so the competition is tough at the very top, pretty much impossible actually. Both songs exude passion with a dark romantic bent that sets them apart from most of U2's catalogue save WOWY and most of Achtung Baby. Hawkmoon in particular has a pretty unique conceit behind it; unrequited lust driven by absence (this being a road album, after all) and alcoholism. It's pretty depressing if you think about it. The live version makes it more obvious that the song's lyrics are extremely sexual and slightly pathetic. If the slide guitar intro had made it into the song, it would be top 10 for me.

Desire. The Lovetown versions were incredible, and the Mirrorball Man version pretty good too, but otherwise it's a song that doesn't stand out too much to me.

I concur with this assessment.

Looks like we're going to have a serious Desire vs Hawkmoon battle on our hands for the third qualifying spot, since AIWIY and Heartland appear safe to proceed.

I'm a little shocked for the votes against God Pt. II. It's not mentioned much and not in most peoples top ten but it is definitely an awesome song. Desire is the one that needs to die. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom