Best Song Survivor: Pop Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth round for Pop in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from Pop will proceed to the semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The fourth round saw the elimination of If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Miami
11. Playboy Mansion
10. If God Will Send His Angels
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat
5. Zooropa
6. Lemon
7. Stay
8. Slug
9. Your Blue Room
10. Miss Sarajevo

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29: If You Wear That Velvet Dress
20: Wake Up Dead Man
13: Last Night On Earth
11: Do You Feel Loved
10: Staring At The Sun
5: Discotheque
2: Mofo, Please
1: Gone
(Total votes: 93)

Discotheque again. Underwhelming studio version just isn't up to scratch.

I really hope DYFL, WUDM, and especially LNOE aren't eliminated this round. All favourites of mine and none of them should go before the mediocrity of Discotheque and SATS do.

Tough. A lot of these songs are on equal ground in my book. I think I'm gonna have to get rid of "Last Night on Earth" because the song, even though I enjoy it, hasn't stuck out at me like many of the others have since I first got it.

Wake Up Dead Man is arguably the best executed song in the studio. Just chilling. "Could you put a word in for me?" Fuck, man.

What is the matter with people? Wake Up Dead Man is being voted off? Geez, I really wonder what some people are thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom