Best Song Survivor: Pop, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Discothèque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do You Feel Loved

• Mofo

• Gone

• Please

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
We sent Miami packing in the last round. That leaves ten songs from Pop competing for three slots in the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Velvet Dress should not go yet, so I'll wait to see which song will start getting the most votes.

If Cod Will Send His Angles.

Though I'd be perfectly happy for Discotheque and SATS to perish too. Get rid of those three and then we're down to the good stuff.

If Cod Will Send His Angles.

Though I'd be perfectly happy for Discotheque and SATS to perish too. Get rid of those three and then we're down to the good stuff.

While I didn't know fish could dispatch angels to varying points of the ocean, I agree with your sentiment exactly. Those three (IGWSHA, Disco, and SATS) should be the next ones disposed of. Like bonocomet, I'm sitting on my vote til later tomorrow.

I was going to go one further and make it "If Cod Will Send His Anglers" but it just reeked too much of being a dad joke.

Last Night on Earth is so fucking badass I would be scared to vote for it.

SATS is boring, they just threw a U2ey song on there to cover their ass.

Last Night on Earth is so fucking badass I would be scared to vote for it.

SATS is boring, they just threw a U2ey song on there to cover their ass.

Yeah man, bummer. They put a U2-sounding song on a U2 record!

I wonder how many people who love U2 have as their favorite U2 record the record which sounds least like the band they love.

I wonder how many people who love U2 have as their favorite U2 record the record which sounds least like the band they love.

:wave:

Not that U2 has a sound, of course. I've never believed that they do. War sounds nothing like TUF sounds nothing like Zooropa sounds nothing like HTDAAB. The "U2 sound" is an arbitrary notion determined by what U2 material has sold the best. For me, Staring At The Sun (and IGWSHA, though I enjoy it) are safe and perhaps necessary tracks thrown into a much bolder framework. I find SATS the least rewarding of what's left. Musically, anyway. Lyrically, it cuts deep like everything else here.

I'm surprised Velvet Dress is leading IGWSHA at the moment, especially in light of IGWSHA's shocking lyrics.

I remember them saying that Last Night On Earth was an attempt to compete with Oasis.

Yeah. I do remember the Q magazine track-by-track preview issue in '97 mentioned something about LNOE and Oasis.

I've always thought that SATS was more in that vein, though. Oasis were fucking massive in the UK in '96 and '97, so I guess you can't blame U2 gunning for the big boys of the moment.

Who knows what was really going through their heads, though? That's just the way I've always looked at it.

Where the hell has he got to anyway? I hope he hasn't fallen victim to knife crime.

I love Velvet Dress...especially the Jools Holland version :heart: . Voting for IGWSHA to save it.

I could have sworn he was somewhere in England.

Yeah, but he moved to New Zealand at least temporarily (or was having a working holiday there or something). Don't recall if he'd returned to England before he disappeared from the face of Interference or not.

Back
Top Bottom