Best Song Survivor: Pop, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Discothèque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do You Feel Loved

• Mofo

• Gone

• Please

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like that DYFL hasn't received a single vote yet. :up:

I suspect that's because of the effect Bono has on interference's women when he sings

With my fingers as you want them
With my nails under your hide
With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

I bet it's won every poll PLEBA has had.

One of the better songs on Pop. I hope it makes it as my favorite couple are unlikely to.

I suspect that's because of the effect Bono has on interference's women when he sings

:drool:

I'm honestly surprised DYFL was not a single. Same goes for Gone. U2 really sucked at picking singles from this album.

Gone, Staring at the Sun and, later, Discotheque remixes for the clubs. There aren't a lot of great singles here, so don't force it.

I'd say LNOE and DYFL would be better singles than Discotheque and possibly SATS.

Gone is obviously the best single candidate here, which makes its omission all the more baffling when you realise the band released half the fucking album as singles.

AND they put it on the best of regardless, in place of actual singles like Lemon and Please.

This suddenly became my favorite song.

Wake Up, Dead Man!

...wait... not IGWSHA :doh: Why is it getting the most votes?

Can my vote be changed from WUDM to Velvet Dress to try and protect a U2 song I love? :reject:

AND they put it on the best of regardless, in place of actual singles like Lemon and Please.

I will never understand what compelled them to put songs like The First Time on the Best Of ahead of Please.

I remember SATS having a decent run on radio and MTV. I think the public was still put off from Discotheque, but were glad that U2 could still sound normal.

I think SATS is great as far as radio singles go. The reason it wasn't successful was because the public was already in an anti-U2 tizzy. Had it been the 2nd single on ATYCLB, it would've fared much better. I think an album NEEDS those obvious hit songs to help it become balanced.

Also, I voted for Velvet Dress.

Pretty disappointed IGWSHA's lead didn't last and Velvet Dress is gone. It's not a song for all moods, but it's very well done and lyrically light years ahead of IGWSHA.

Oh well, makes next round's vote easy.

Awesome result! I really thought Velvet Dress was going to hang on for another few rounds.

Now I'm going to have to figure out something else to vote for in the next round. Maybe SATS.

I'd say LNOE and DYFL would be better singles than Discotheque and possibly SATS.

Gone is obviously the best single candidate here, which makes its omission all the more baffling when you realise the band released half the fucking album as singles.

yeah, Gone would've been a great single. Then again, they only figured out how to play it later in the tour. Gone must be the only song where I prefer the later remix to the original. The extra guitar just makes the song.

Gone would not have been a good single because it doesn't have a catchy chorus.

That said, Gone is awesome.

What? It's only got about the second-catchiest chorus on Pop after LNOE! The whole chorus fucking blew me away the first time I heard the song. Was singing it all day.

Back
Top Bottom