Best Song Survivor: Pop Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third round for Pop in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from Pop will proceed to the semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The second round was our biggest thumping of the tournament, since I wasn't around to mercy rule it. Playboy Mansion was, uh, decisively eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Miami
11. Playboy Mansion

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat
5. Zooropa
6. Lemon
7. Stay
8. Slug
9. Your Blue Room
10. Miss Sarajevo

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
51 votes: Playboy Mansion
8: If You Wear That Velvet Dress
6: If God Will Send His Angels
4: Wake Up Dead Man
3: Do You Feel Loved
2: Please
1: Mofo, Last Night On Earth
0: Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, Gone
(Total votes: 76)

Discotheque or IGWSHA ... might hold onto my vote for now to see if it's needed. I probably like Discotheque less (love it live but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the studio version), but I'm also keen to see IGWSHA go, or even SATS if it looks like it's in a position to be ousted.

Wake Up Dead Man is one of the best tracks on this album. If it gets eliminated this early, shit's going down.

Voted IGWSHA , the single version is slightly better than the album one.
( same goes for LNOE actually )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Damn I missed a round. Well, to me IYWTVD is kinda boring, they should've put the Jools Holland version on the album:)drool: )!
I'd like to see it go before IGWSHA.

Discotheque is actually my least favorite here, but I might save my vote to help along a double elimination. I really like IGWSHA and IYWTVD, but not enough to actively protect either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom