Best Song Survivor: Pop Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to Pop Survivor Round One! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from Pop will proceed to the semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the Passengers round, Slug, Your Blue Room, and Miss Sarajevo all secured places in the semi-finals. Your Blue Room proved most successful of the lot. Now we move onto Pop. Some of you will remember fondly what happened here just over a year ago ...

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat
5. Zooropa
6. Lemon
7. Stay
8. Slug
9. Your Blue Room
10. Miss Sarajevo

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
62 votes: Your Blue Room
49: Miss Sarajevo
44: Slug
33: Always Forever Now
29: Beach Sequence
12: United Colours
11: Theme From Let's Go Native, One Minute Warning
9: Elvis Ate America
8: A Different Kind Of Blue, Corpse
1: Plot 180, Theme From The Swan
0: Ito Okashi
(Total votes: 81)

Kunstmuseumpic.jpg

Fuck, I love this album. Everything on here is great, but I think I'm gonna go with Velvet Dress purely because it's the one I've listened to the least over the years.

Also, I think you guys should totally move the Superthread over here for this round and blast this thread past 1,000 posts so it has to be locked up.

For tradition's sake.

Voted The Playboy Mansion , a fun tune like Trying To Throw Your Arms but the weakest here ( I think ).
But followed closely by Miami ( wich the live version was very cool on Popmart ).

Cheers ,

Mauwer

If God will send his angels. Found it incredibly boring in 1997, find it less boring in 09, but boring nonetheless.

Voted Miami...though they can play it 17 times running (along with Red Light) if it's in a kuntmuseum hahahaha.

Miami's harmless. Where are the people? I want to light up this Pot Survivor Round Bong.

Incidentally I'm voting for If God Will Blah Blah Blah, just for something different, and having listened to it the other day, it is pretty bland. Would definitely rate up there as one of the worst singles they've released.

This is going to be easy for a few rounds... then it will get very very difficult.

IGWSHA, until it's gone. But not Gone. Haha.

What will happen this time? Spawn of Superthread? The Super-duperthread? U2 plays the ISS?

Kunstmuseum II: With added Every Breaking Wave.

Playboy, worthwhile inclusion on the album though. A unique song in U2 history, just not as pleasant on the ears as the other tunes on this classic album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom