Best Song Survivor: Pop, Round Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Last Night on Earth... the joke is so obvious that I'm not going to make it. It was eliminated. We are finally getting somewhat close to finished with Pop. Five songs remain, three will advance to finals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Reminder: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE BASED ONLY ON ALBUM VERSIONS. YOU CAN VOTE BASED ON WHATEVER YOU WANT TO VOTE ON. HOWEVER, IF THAT IS JUST ALBUM VERSIONS, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.

Please. It was either that or Do You Feel Loved. I usually think that I love Please, but then listen to it and think "eh, it's okay." Then I remember what I really love is singing it. So, yeah... Please it is.

I'm holding my vote for now. I'll really vote for anything else here to save Discotheque. Far and away the best song on the album, except maybe Wake Up Dead Man (but we all saw that song's cruel fate).

I voted for Please over Discotheque in the last thread, but am now reconsidering that vote again, haha. This is kinda tough!

I don't even know why this is close. Please is a U2 classic, and Discotheque is one of those fun/ridiculous things U2 has done that we can all laugh about.

Two of these are not like the other things
Two of these just do not belong
Can you guess which two are not like the other things
Before I finish this song?

Did you guess which things are not like the other things?
Did you guess with all your might?
If you guessed that "Discotheque" and "Do You Feel Loved" are not like the other things
You know what? You're right!

"Discotheque" can boom-cha right on out the door.

Tough, tough choice. But out of these 5, I think I'm voting for Gone.

:ohmy: I almost can't bring myself to vote against any of these. Please is a work of art in my opinion, but Discotheque is so witty and fun. Mofo and Gone feel so personal and are so good, no way I can vote against them... that leaves DYFL... but I love that song so much. Nope... can't vote yet. :slant:

Please. On the album version it only gets good after "September...". Lyrics are somewhat weak in spots- " so love is hard, and love is tough... But love is not what you're thinking of" and "You had to win, You couldn't just pass, The smartest ass, At the top of the class". These lyrics along with the plodding murkiness on the album get a big BOO.

Many parts of the album actually sound murky, I don't know if it's shitty production or what?

I can't even vote to save, my vote simply has to go to Gone in the hope that others feel the same way.

Ok I voted Do You Feel Loved, much as it pained me! I love it, but I always wish the lyrics/singing were more clear. If I didn't already know the lyrics, I probably wouldn't be able to understand some of it. And that's because of the way the album sounds, not the way Bono's singing.

Discotheque has great elements but something isn't quite right, it seems to go nowhere fast, so for that reason it must go.

atyclbwildhoney.gif

Such an easy vote. I'm most disappointed that a song as awesome as LNOE was ousted before a song with such a middling studio version as Discotheque.

oh that was difficult!
it was either Gone or Please, i went with Gone, as Please is a little less obvious imo

Back
Top Bottom