Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1 Round Zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
NOTE: I MESSED UP. THE QUESTION AT THE TOP OF THE POLL SHOULD BE "WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS?". I APOLOGIZE. IF YOU GENUINELY ARE MISLED BY THAT, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BREAK MY OWN POLICY FOR THIS ROUND (EXPLAINED BELOW) AND CHANGE YOUR VOTES.

After a close fight with Dirty Day, The First Time eventually took off in votes. It was eliminated. Thus, Zooropa, Lemon, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), and Dirty Day shall be Zooropa's representatives in the 1990s quarterfinal round.

Now we move onto Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1. This album has fourteen songs and will send only two songs to the 1990s quarterfinal round. To expedite things a bit, OS1 will be handled differently than the other albums. In this round, round zero, vote for your favorite songs. VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SONGS, NOT YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONGS. I am also going to not allow vote changes in this round or future non-album rounds (which are also handled in this manner), because that could become a disaster to keep track of. So choose carefully. The top seven songs from this round will move onto a series of normal elimination rounds, until we get to the top two, which will move to quarterfinals. I do not care how many songs each person votes for. The more songs you vote for, the less influence each vote that you cast has, but the more songs you get to influence. Once again, choose carefully. Also, if there is a tie for seventh place, I will not break any of the songs in seventh place to round one.

And a happy new year to you all. :)

My votes go to Slug, Your Blue Room, Beach Sequence, and Theme From Let's Go Native.

Slug
Your Blue Room
A Different Kind of Blue
Beach Sequence
Let's Go Native!

Would love it if Sarajevo didn't make it to the final.

Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Beach Sequence
Miss Sarajevo
Theme From Let's Go Native

Slug and One Minute Warning are also great. I love this album :heart:

One of my top 5 U2 albums.

I've gone for the 3 obvious ones, plus One Minute Warning, theme from lets go native and differnt kind of blue. Theme From The Swan is also a huge favourite of mine.

Yeah, I didn't read the posts before choosing Elvis Ate America as my least favorite song.

And yet having me be the sole vote for that song right now amuses me enough to leave it as is. My choices for favorites are going to be similar enough to everyone else's that there's no point in giving digitize my actual votes.

Slug, Always Forever Now, and Beach Sequence.

Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are good too, but don't need my help voting for them. Slug is by far my favorite on this album.

Yeah, I didn't read the posts before choosing Elvis Ate America as my least favorite song.

And yet having me be the sole vote for that song right now amuses me enough to leave it as is. My choices for favorites are going to be similar enough to everyone else's that there's no point in giving digitize my actual votes.

Are you sure? I really don't mind changing your votes, since the error was mine.

It's not going to make any difference in any of the votes. Plus, let someone come in and see my lone vote for EAA and think it's my favorite song on the album. :wink:

Fuck I love this album. It's one of my top four by U2 (or by U2 under a pseudonym, whatever).

Since seven are proceeding, I voted for seven - which is convenient, since I think there is a pretty big gap between seventh and eighth in my Passengers rankings.

1. Beach Sequence (seriously, this song is so fucking great)
2. Your Blue Room
3. Slug
4. Always Forever Now
5. United Colours (how am I the only voter for this gem?)
6. One Minute Warning
7. Let's Go Native

I'm also pretty fond of Corpse, but like I said, the gap between it and Let's Go Native in my rankings is pretty big.

Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Beach Sequence
Miss Sarajevo
Theme From Let's Go Native

Slug and One Minute Warning are also great. I love this album :heart:

I used to travel alone for work issues a few years ago, and this album was kind of a soundtrack for my life in airports, vans, and hotels.
Excellent music when you are in the middle of postmodern architecture.:crack:
So, you're not alone in this love. :wink:

My votes:

United Colours
Slug
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Miss Sarajevo
Elvis Ate America (seriously)

I must say that I'm delighted we're getting to vote here. I really like this record. It's grown on me a lot over the years, even stuff like Ito Okashi, and especially One Minute Warning - listen to the Unforgettable Fire-like Edge guitar set against *that* background, for example. And, of course, the great mixed together run of A Different Kind of Blue - Beach Sequence - Miss Sarajevo, which is one of their best set pieces on record.

Slug. I like MS and YBR a lot, also Corpse, Swan, Beach, and Elvis, but I'm voting only Slug to lessen the dilution and insure it goes through. I doubt any others have much of a chance to the final 2 anyway but Slug could have a chance. (Maybe :wink:)

Digging the love for Beach Sequence here!

Not my favorite record from the boys, but I might have to give Slug and Theme From Let's Go Native another chance based on the votes I'm seeing...

Such a great opener too.

I've always thought it would've been cool as an extended intro to HMTMKMKM live.

Always Forever Now would do the trick too, especially with the violins at the end.

fyi i removed the "least" from the poll. hopefully no one tried voting while i did it because then the numbers won't match up with the number of people. it doesn't look like it, though.

anyway, i voted for united colours, slug, your blue room, a different kind of blue, beach sequence, and elvis ate america. suck it.

What the fuck is with all the Elvis votes? Oh well, at least it'll make my vote next round easy.

What the fuck is with all the Elvis votes? Oh well, at least it'll make my vote next round easy.

It's a fantastic piece of music. You just can't comprehend its glory enough to properly bask in it.

Back
Top Bottom