Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1 Round Zero - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What is your favorite song?
United Colours 5 11.11%
Slug 29 64.44%
Your Blue Room 38 84.44%
Always Forever Now 21 46.67%
A Different Kind of Blue 5 11.11%
Beach Sequence 24 53.33%
Miss Sarajevo 33 73.33%
Ito Okashi 3 6.67%
One Minute Warning 6 13.33%
Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) 1 2.22%
Elvis Ate America 11 24.44%
Plot 180 2 4.44%
Theme from The Swan 2 4.44%
Theme from Let's Go Native 14 31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #46
45:33

Local Time: 10:28 AM
It's always been the most popular song from Passengers on this forum.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
It's always been the most popular song from Passengers on this forum.
Of course it has. Why else would U2 have chosen to play in on their last tour!

Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:28 PM
I'm one of the voters for Elvis Ate America. It's certainly not my favorite song, but it amuses me almost every time I listen to it, which can't be said for some of the other songs on this album.

That said, YBR has pretty much been my favorite from this album since day 1. Glad its in the lead.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #49
you are what you is

Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Wow! YBR with 32 votes. What a nice "surprise" that this little song is so popular here on Interference! Who'd have thought.
Given the overall quality of the tracks on this album I'm sure it would get the majority of votes even if this poll had been conducted in a random Starbucks.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Jeez, I've only listened to this album once. I don't remember it at all.

Miss Sarajevo, Your Blue Room, and Beach Sequence are the ones I remember and like. There are quite a few songs I remember, but don't like.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #51
Galeonbroad

ya, uhm... Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, MIss Sarajevo...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #52
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Ok, I just listened from beginning to end. I hadn't heard more than YBR and MS in ages. It reminded me that some of the songs actually aren't too bad.

(I do remember being a kid, buying the CD and running home, ripping off the clear plastic cover, putting in the CD and being extremely let down. "There are no fuckin words!?")

Slug, Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, Miss Sarajevo, Theme from Let's Go Native

I guess Bottoms and Viva Davidoff aren't eligible?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynmike View Post
Ok, I just listened from beginning to end. I hadn't heard more than YBR and MS in ages. It reminded me that some of the songs actually aren't too bad.

(I do remember being a kid, buying the CD and running home, ripping off the clear plastic cover, putting in the CD and being extremely let down. "There are no fuckin words!?")

Slug, Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, Miss Sarajevo, Theme from Let's Go Native

I guess Bottoms and Viva Davidoff aren't eligible?
Viva Davidoff will be in the non-album round. I'm not sure what to do about Bottoms, because it's technically a remix of Zoo Station, and I am not including remixes. I lean towards not including it. I didn't include it in Rate the Song last year.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #54
The Male

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Hearing Passengers for the first time as a kid (I think I was 13) is fucking weird. I had no context for the damn thing and it was indeed alien to me. What made it better/worse was that I bought it at the same time I bought Kid A, and it was on a dark, rainy fall afternoon that I heard them both. And this from someone who had next to no experience with electronic music of any kind, let alone the fringes of mainstream electronic. Kid A was arguably the stranger, more atonal listening experience on the first go. Now I find it oddly comforting.

I'll always associate Passengers with cold, dark, rainy weather and whenever I discover an album that really takes me by surprise and forces me to think about what I just heard, it reminds me of hearing Passengers for the first time. Many thanks to U2 for taking the leap and making something truly challenging.

Now.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Of course it has. Why else would U2 have chosen to play in on their last tour!
Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 11
Best Song Survivor: Passengers Round

Also, to answer your sarcastic question, Bono said the following about Your Blue Room in U2ByU2: "Your Blue Room is one of my favourite songs".
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #56
Galeonbroad

He also said that in Conversations with Michka Assayas. Though he also says Miss Sarajevo is one of his favourites too. Not bad for a non U2 Album.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #57
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'll always associate Passengers with cold, dark, rainy weather and whenever I discover an album that really takes me by surprise and forces me to think about what I just heard, it reminds me of hearing Passengers for the first time. Many thanks to U2 for taking the leap and making something truly challenging.
I agree with the cold, rainy weather feel of it. Probably because I didn't listen to it much until winter of 96' before POP came out. I remember thinking "I really hope this new record isn't more of this".

Funny to me is at the time, I felt they did something the opposite of challenging. I felt like Edge and Eno spent about 2 or 3 days in the studio noodling around with "cool space age" sounds, then brought Bono in to add a few words here and there.

I still feel this way, however I enjoy the songs I chose for the poll in certain contexts, like long drives.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #58
The Male

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Well, the polar opposite of spending 2 or 3 days in the studio noodling around has yielded them even more criticism than Passengers did, so I guess they can't win.

Now.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Slug, YBR, Beach Sequence and Miss Sarajevo. Quite a predictable list, I know. These are the best songs on a weird, different, but pretty enjoyable album. I definitely wouldn't mind if they would shake things up like they did in the mid-nineties.

Happy New Year to all of you!