Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the greatest U2 bootleg ever. You can tell how humbled he feels, especially during I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

He begins EBTTRT by shouting "Fuck the past, kiss the future, viva Sarajevo!!", and the crowd goes berserk.

Also, is that the first time Bono used "kiss the future"? (In reference to the fact that it was the original name for U2360°)

Once. You can guess where. And Bono didn't sing the Italian lyrics back then; they played a recording of Pavarotti during that part, akin to Lou Reed on ZooTV. Bono started singing the operatic part on the Vertigo tour.

I was listening to an all U2 live radio station on the web last night when I heard it. When I looked to see if it gave the date I thought it said 1997. Maybe confused the date with another song. So just went to go look at other resources and you are absolutely correct...it wasn't really apart of their set list until the Vertigo tour! I stand corrected. :doh: Sorry.

Anyway, which ever version I heard, I was very impressed with the beauty of Bono's operatic bel canto singing! That was really my point. I do wish I knew what version it was, tho, I'd like to own it.

Back
Top Bottom