Best Song Survivor: October Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, Stranger in a Strange Land was shown to be a stranger to our strange land, and was eliminated in the second round of voting for October. October has nine songs remaining for two slots. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Fuck I misread that! I Fall Down is my favourite!!

Scarlet is easily the worst on that list.

Did all the Stranger In A Strange Land voters shift to With A Shout?

With a Shout must survive! The lyrics are cheesy, but that also applies to Gloria. The song is pure energy.

yeaaaaa dunno what to vote for now.

Random gamble from the stuff I don't care for... With a Shout.

Scarlet actually has a decent bassline.

I Fall Down: gorgeous song

I voted for Fire. It's just silly.

This album kicks ass up through October and then falls off a cliff. Basically everything after that is either filler or patently awful.

Hollow Island said:
Fuck I misread that! I Fall Down is my favourite!!

Scarlet is easily the worst on that list.

I'll fix it for you if it comes down to mattering.

I Fall Down of course. Scarlet and With A Shout are so much better. I'd rather Scarlet stick around, but there's no way I'm voting for With A Shout over I Fall Down. With A Shout's actually a decent song, even if the lyrics are dumb dumb dumb.

We don't want I Fall Down getting any unintended votes. :D

Yes we do. :tongue:

I voted for Fire. It's just silly.

Fire is next for me. With a Shout for this round. After that it gets hard pretty quickly, though having listened to this album a few times recently, I feel pretty confident in saying that Tomorrow is the standout.

Tomorrow is a song I find terribly overrated. There are a few of those songs in the U2 catalog where I just don't get the appeal. Please and One are two others, of the top of my head.

Tomorrow is the finest song on this album. One of those rare U2 songs that unmistakably sound Irish, if that makes sense. The emotional centerpiece of October and one of the best songs of their first three records.

Hmm... Fire.

Too bad you can't see the votes before you vote. Then I could vote tactically, as I love Scarlet... even if it means sacrificing With A Shout. But Fire is my second-least-favorite on October, so I voted according to my opinion.

Y'know, October is really an underrated album...

Tomorrow is a song I find terribly overrated. There are a few of those songs in the U2 catalog where I just don't get the appeal. Please and One are two others, of the top of my head.

That means that you can look forward to a moment someday when you will suddenly get them, and you'll go daaaaaang!!! And you'll get to feel a bit of that special U2 discovery joy all over again. :cute::heart::wink:

That means that you can look forward to a moment someday when you will suddenly get them, and you'll go daaaaaang!!! And you'll get to feel a bit of that special U2 discovery joy all over again. :cute::heart::wink:

Or, more likely, I won't. Tomorrow has the best chance of the three. I really dislike the music in One and Please. Find it horribly bland and unmemorable.

I Fall Down of course. Scarlet and With A Shout are so much better. I'd rather Scarlet stick around, but there's no way I'm voting for With A Shout over I Fall Down. With A Shout's actually a decent song, even if the lyrics are dumb dumb dumb.

Yes we do. :tongue:

:eyebrow:

I feel like this is an ancient battle we've lived before... :hmm:

Anyway... :madwife:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom