Best Song Survivor: October Round Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Fans of Rejoice shan't be rejoicing at the moment, as Rejoice was eliminated from our competition in the last round. Now we will see who will not come back tomorrow. This is October's final round. The two songs that do not get the most votes in this round will advance to quarterfinals, as only three remain. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Bummed that Rejoice is gone. :(

This is an easy choice. Gloria and Tomorrow are both exceptional; October, while pleasant, is not at all on the same level.

This is an easy choice. Gloria and Tomorrow are both exceptional; October, while pleasant, is not at all on the same level.

Indeed. I really hope that Tomorrow makes it over October, even though I really enjoy October.

Another popular hit single still in line to move on. Again, why should U2 not try and write big hit singles? U2 fans seem to gobble them up.

Indeed. I really hope that Tomorrow makes it over October, even though I really enjoy October.

Last time Tomorrow came out ahead of October, so I hope that luck holds. Rejoice got closer to ousting October than it did last time.

Another popular hit single still in line to move on.

I'm not sure I'd call Gloria a "popular hit single". More like a "single that did moderately OK on a few charts and remains popular amongst hardcore fans but is largely forgotten beyond them".

Now I'm voting Tomorrow. I don't think it deserves to move on. But I'll think the same when Please moves on.

Voted Tomorrow. I've loved October since that time many moons ago when I didn't stop the 80s best of immediately after AIWIY.

When I was eleven or twelve I totally thought it was a weird coda for AIWIY, or a "Part 2"/"Part 1.5" or something.

When I saw Under A Blood Red Sky a couple of years later (I saw it before I got the October album), I was quite stunned to recognise the song.

I love October. It's beautiful. Which is why it hurts to cast a vote against it. :sad:

Yeah me too..even though I love this track so much and have a special connection to it (which some old timers might remember lol) I love Tomorrow even more and Gloria also...so it's time to bade farewell to October this time round.

Incidentally, was driving thru the top end of Boston last Tuesday night and Gloria came on the radio..was kindof surreal given the history U2 has with Boston and also because it had been soooo long since I'd listened to the album cut of the tune..just hit me a certain way, I guess..people must've thought I was having a seizure on 93! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom