Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Crazy Tonight was eliminated in the last round. That leaves nine songs competing for No Line on the Horizon's two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

U2's most uneven and frustrating record…it's almost like a tour de force of U2's highs and lows. Some of it as strong and soaring as the best of the 80's stuff, and some as inventive as 90's U2 at their strongest. It's the hardest U2 record to get a handle on, and it could have been so much more.. This is the one that got away from them.

Moment of Perfection*****
MOS (U2's best song since Streets)

Magnificent****
NLOTH
Fez/BB (a hint of what this record could have been and should have been)

Nearly great but there's something missing***
Magnificent
Breathe
Cedars
White as Snow

Nothing to win and nothing left to lose**
UC
Boots

Should have been left in the duty free*
SUC
Crazy (yes, yes, including the marginally better though vastly overrated live version)

Won't vote for Boots, it's too kick-ass for that.

Voted White as Snow, beautiful though it is.

I'd love to know who suggested Boots would make a good (lead) single. Perhaps the biggest "DAFUQ??!!" moment of their career (so far).

White As Snow till its gone. Boring and obviously completely original. Maybe on the next album they'll put new lyrics to twinkle twinkle little star and it'll be revered around these parts.

Boots was stellar live.

Even though I would rather vote WAS, voted Cedars because Boots doesn't merit a total slaughter. Especially with WAS and even Unknown Caller there.

Still Boots for me. I just can't listen to the song. The video also bothers me. I'm sorry :reject:

As long as Cedarse survives, which it looks like it will. Can't bring myself to vote for Sexy Boots yet. White As Snow is great, but worthy of a vote this early.

Tough choice between Boots and Unknown Caller for me. UC just wins though as it's at least it's evidence of U2 trying something new.

Boots needs to go. Hell, it definitely should've departed before Crazy Tonight.

Next up I'd normally target Breathe, but I suspect there may be a need to pile in on Unknown Caller to protect WAS and Cedars.

Is GOYB the only lead single to not make it to the "finals"?

Or Discotheque also? (Ahem...Discotheque is better than Mofo :bonodrum:)

Is GOYB the only lead single to not make it to the "finals"?

Or Discotheque also? (Ahem...Discotheque is better than Mofo :bonodrum:)

A Day Without Me... I don't think it did, but I'm not sure.
Fire didn't.
I don't think Desire did.
Numb didn't.
Discothèque didn't.
Vertigo shouldn't have.

Predictable that GOYB is getting the most votes... I like Cedars of Lebanon less than it, so I voted for that. But Boots is right before it on my list.

Cedars is a great track with that little guitar arpeggio so simple yet so effective.

Back
Top Bottom