Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like Magnificent more than you like fifty bucks?

I probably do. :huh: Amazins song, it's a privilege to hear it, so it probably is worth 50 bucks for me.

That said, if you paid me 50 bucks to vote out Magnificent in this Survivor thing, I would do it.

Breathe is my least favourite here, but I'm bandwagonning Unknown Caller to protect the excellent White As Snow.

Disappointed that Cedars is gone so early.

All of this, except replace Breathe with FEZ. I'm thinking FEZ will eventually grow on me though, everybody else seems to like it. Crazy Tonight is better than Breathe.

I'm astonished that people like Unknown Caller, with its terrible lyrics and awful delivery of the vocals, over such gorgeous compositions like Cedars and White As Snow.

But that's just me.

Toss up between UC and MOS, so I'm going for UC to save WAS. The few seconds while BOno sings "and the water, it was icy as it washed over me" owns most of these songs alone.

I'm astonished that people like Unknown Caller, with its terrible lyrics and awful delivery of the vocals, over such gorgeous compositions like Cedars and White As Snow.

But that's just me.

Cringe worthy, they are.

Of the songs left:

1) Magnificent
2) White As Snow
3) Breathe
4) Fez-Being Born
5) Unknown Caller
6) No Line On The Horizon
7) Moment Of Surrender

Still mad that my first, second, and fourth favorites are gone :mad:

i am baffled that people are voting for Unknown Caller here. have some of you forgotten how to listen to music?

i am baffled that people are voting for Unknown Caller here. have some of you forgotten how to listen to music?

:lol:

But I'm not baffled, because I know how divisive this song is around these parts.

Me, I love it. I like the lyrics, but understand why some people hate them.

Factor X, of course, will be where all the WAS voters go once it's eliminated.

ack . . . White as Snow? . . . nutty nutty nutty. . . are you sure . . . really sure you want to lose such a gorgeous piece right now? . . . beautiful haunting melody, lovely lush sounds, glorious folksy quality & huge goosebumples factor too . . . this place is crazy . . . still voting Unknown Caller :)

Shush now
Oh, oh
Force quit and move to trash

Oh, come on...:doh:

Voted Unknown Caller as it's the only song on the album that still hasn't grown on me. It's just too cheesy...especially that chorus. White as Snow, on the other hand, is a beautiful, haunting piece of music...but apparently since it doesn't have some catchy guitar riff people think it sucks. Ah, such is life.

...but apparently since it doesn't have some catchy guitar riff people think it sucks. Ah, such is life.

(A) It beat out a bunch of other songs.
(B) I don't dislike it, but it's my 3rd least favourite in the album--partially because it sounds like a Christmas Carol so I can't take it as seriously.

Unknown Caller is brilliant. Guitar is incredible, the bird song, the chanting, the lyrics aren't supposed to exceptionally poetic, it's a thought-provoking 6-minute mood song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom