Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Breathe is just a mediocre song, and I can't fathom why most of this forum is furiously masturbating over it. The verses sound pretty bad and Bono's vocal delivery doesn't mesh with the music at all, and they sound disconnected from the rest of the song - the sudden changes of pace in vocal delivery are timed poorly. Then the ending is just more waffly pseudo-motivational garbage from Bono, the kind of nonsense we've put up with all decade that has nothing on the Fezes or White As Snows of this world. The worst part is that Edge is actually putting in some effort but Bono hogs the spotlight by singing lazily over the top.

In the end, it's a few good musical ideas put together thoughtlessly and with the wrong vocal track.

Oh well, guess I of all people have to hate U2's next One or whatever status this forum's going to assign to it.

I'm with you I'm afraid on this - great intro with the cello ruined by everything that comes next. Very HTDAAB.

On a side note, I can't understand the dislike for 'Cedars of Lebanon', which is easily one of the best songs on this album and one of the most interesting things they've done in years. And if 'Moment of Surrender' - which is the best thing they've done in this century and one of the best things they've ever done - gets knocked out at any stage in this heat, then I'll lose all faith.

while i really like Breathe, i don't understand why songs like Fez-Being Born and Unknown Caller are receiving votes while Breathe didn't get one.

while i really like Breathe, i don't understand why songs like Fez-Being Born and Unknown Caller are receiving votes while Breathe didn't get one.

No one actively dislikes it enough to vote for it, apparently. It doesn't stir up enough of a polarized reaction. Songs with that quality tend to excel in survivors as opposed to, say, songs that split a band's fanbase while simultaneously boasting a large crowd of supporters (EG: Cedars).

No one actively dislikes it enough to vote for it, apparently. It doesn't stir up enough of a polarized reaction. Songs like that tend to do a whole lot better in survivors than songs that split the fanbase while simultaneously boasting a large crowd of supporters.

true. Fez-Being Born better win.

A tough vote this, I went for White as Snow. I like it but it excites me a little less than some of the others. :reject:

Not any more. Since my vote won't affect the final outcome, I swung the worst song here a vote.

Back
Top Bottom