Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm in a fighting mood tonight.

i'd like to see 'disgraceful' justified. it certainly isn't boring, it's very different, though i could see where you're coming from if you're just referring to fez itself. five minutes is by no means long, and the lyrics are far from idiotic my man, they may seem a little that way on the surface, but that's what writing's about sometimes.

The hell? Fez is the best song of the 2000s, if you ask me. Creative intro, evocative music, and I love that Bono's finally returned to minimalistic lyrics, because they're damn effective.

The hell? Fez is the best song of the 2000s, if you ask me. Creative intro, evocative music, and I love that Bono's finally returned to minimalistic lyrics, because they're damn effective.

This, although I'd put "one of" before "the best" and make "song" plural.

i'm in a fighting mood tonight.

i'd like to see 'disgraceful' justified. it certainly isn't boring, it's very different, though i could see where you're coming from if you're just referring to fez itself. five minutes is by no means long, and the lyrics are far from idiotic my man, they may seem a little that way on the surface, but that's what writing's about sometimes.

You are tasteless tonight. :sad:
fez IS boring.
It is a terrible song with terrible lyrics.
I hope it will be eleminated during next 3-4 rounds.

It's a real SHIT. :hmm:

If "Fez-being born" was done by Radiohead, people who are bashing the song, would call it a masterpiece.

"Boots" for me.

Best U2 songs of the 2000s are Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, City Of Blinding Lights, No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, White As Snow and Cedars Of Lebanon, but not an awful FEZ-Being Born.
Intro is a kind of album concept part. Song is evocative like every monotonous song. Stupid lyrics of FEZ-Being Born are not effective at all.
This song is a real shame on U2, if you ask me. :angry:

Radiohead is a genius band and it's a shame on U2, that Radiohead have not got such weak songs as FEZ.:sigh:

Boots again... although I could just as easily have gone with NLOTH, just because it's not NLOTH2. After that, I'll be in trouble... and I still feel bad voting for any of it.

RIP Comedy. :sad:

FEZ reminds me of Pez, but I have no Pez so I get pissed. Ergo, FEZ sucks. Simple really :wink:

Oh I like you two.

Breathe sounds to me like a song that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's three or four songs in one, and I'm certainly with Axver in that it's 'hutdabby'. Especially the chorus.

I am voting legitimately for Magnificent again.

Legitimate, my arse :lol:

I can understand the hate for Fez (Being Born) in the sense that it might sound like U2 were pretentiously trying too hard to revive the sound of the Unforgettable Fire and were tryin to be all fancy pants with the "Let Me In The Sound" intro but.....

....the song is just damn fine. An absolutely scintillating U2 experience, a wonder, one of the best songs on the album, I love those chainsaw sounds, I love the desperate Bono vocal, it's just amazing, especially when you crank it up loud.....ohhh I love it. A delight.

Crazy Tonight should go. No question, if only for the unimpressive Bono vocal. "It's not a heeel, it's a mountain (gasp)" indeed.

Winter > I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Best U2 songs of the 2000s are Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, City Of Blinding Lights, No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, White As Snow and Cedars Of Lebanon, but not an awful FEZ-Being Born.
Intro is a kind of album concept part. Song is evocative like every monotonous song. Stupid lyrics of FEZ-Being Born are not effective at all.
This song is a real shame on U2, if you ask me. :angry:

I am in no way being offensive here, and you are of course titled to your opinion, but I do feel that one needs to JUSTIFY an opinion, or else they are instigating an arguement.

All I ask is, how can you call the lyrics dumb and then give no example or at least a logical opinion to justify it. My imediate thought is that you haven't understood what the song is about. Again, not trying to be offensive, but from your sentence structure, it appears that English is not your first or primary language (again, thats not a BAD thing, and your English is quite good). U2, however write lyrics in English, and to lambast lyrics for being stupid WITHOUT justifying it leads me to feel that you haven't fully understood them, or really get what the song is about.

My advice would be to engage in logical discussion of the lyrics before your openly trash them.

It is one thing to dislike a song because of how it sounds. That is a personal reaction. But obscure lyrics need to be studied to be understood.

Legitimate, my arse :lol:

I can understand the hate for Fez (Being Born) in the sense that it might sound like U2 were pretentiously trying too hard to revive the sound of the Unforgettable Fire and were tryin to be all fancy pants with the "Let Me In The Sound" intro but.....

....the song is just damn fine. An absolutely scintillating U2 experience, a wonder, one of the best songs on the album, I love those chainsaw sounds, I love the desperate Bono vocal, it's just amazing, especially when you crank it up loud.....ohhh I love it. A delight.

Crazy Tonight should go. No question, if only for the unimpressive Bono vocal. "It's not a heeel, it's a mountain (gasp)" indeed.

Winter > I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

I actually like Crazy Tonight's vocals. But the lyrics are just WTF-worthy if Bono is being serious... which I'm not sure he is.

Back
Top Bottom