Best Song Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Round VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the seventh round for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from this album will proceed to the 2000s semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the previous round, Love And Peace Or Else got booted.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. A Man And A Woman
10. Yahweh
9. One Step Closer
8. All Because Of You
7. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Love And Peace Or Else

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

2000S SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Beautiful Day
2. Walk On
3. Kite

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
33 votes: Love And Peace Or Else
18: Original Of The Species
13: Miracle Drug
10: Vertigo
7: SYCMIOYO
4: City Of Blinding Lights
(Total votes: 85)

How is it that two of this album's worst three songs are still here? Namely SYCMIOYO and OOTS. Both are complete garbage. Let's get OOTS out of here first - musically, it's twinkly asinine garbage that sounds like it was written for Playschool and lyrically it's just an embarrassment demonstrating everything that's been wrong with Bono's post-Pop songwriting.

Can't believe LAPOE was ousted. There are six songs I consider listenable or decent on this album and five that are rubbish; only two of the former are left, namely COBL and Miracle Drug, and Miracle Drug is very much scraping the bottom of the barrel to find its decent elements.

Either SYCwhatever or Miracle Drug... I'll hold my vote, in case I need to use it to help save OOTS. I'm also open to voting for Vertigo if I need to.

Whatever it takes to save OOTS. Miracle Drug is my 3rd favorite and Vertigo is my 2nd favorite, but I'll vote for them if I have to if it saves OOTS.

Why is OOTS still here? It contains some of the most clunky, saccharine lyricism of Bono's career, and the orchestration is simply overbearing. And I can't describe how much I hate Bono's vocalizations during Edge's solo. They ruin a potentially decent moment of escapism within an otherwise laughable song.

Voted Miracle Drug. Can't bring myself to vote Vertigo to save OOTS, yet... hopefully voting MD this round will save OOTS. *crossing fingers*

Why is OOTS still here? It contains some of the most clunky, saccharine lyricism of Bono's career, and the orchestration is simply overbearing. And I can't describe how much I hate Bono's vocalizations during Edge's solo. They ruin a potentially decent moment of escapism within an otherwise laughable song.

This. I don't know how this song has fans, let alone any sort of campaign to protect it.

There you go, dward1. Proof people aren't voting for what I tell them to. If I had any influence here, OOTS would be so fucking eliminated.

Tempted to vote for OOTS right away, but now I'm not sure. I want to save my favourite song of this album rather than getting rid of that sparkly stuff.
Seems like Miracle Drug is lost though. I'll wait out to add my vote.

lol @ SYCMIOYO being "garbage"...

I'd love to hear one reason why that plodding, over-wrought, dull track is anything but garbage. I suppose if you're looking for an insomnia cure, it might not be garbage ... sure put me to sleep at one showing of U2 3D!

I'd love to hear one reason why that plodding, over-wrought, dull track is anything but garbage. I suppose if you're looking for an insomnia cure, it might not be garbage ... sure put me to sleep at one showing of U2 3D!

Yeah but why are you relating it to the live version? I thought we're talking album versions here! Otherwise "Elevation" didn't deserve the kick either in the ATYCLB voting, as everyone said "hate album, love live" blabla...?

Now, if you hate the album version just as much, that's different :)

^this.

Although I bandwaggoned on Miracle Drug, even though I like it better than SYCwhatever, to help ensure that OOTS isn't killed. You'll be proud, Ax.

I don't think any of the songs left are "garbage" by any means. I voted Sometimes...even though in the right mood(feeling down) I think it's an incredible song...it's just not one I'll choose to listen to in most cases. I do have to say that I heard it in public the other day and it makes me want to go back and give it more listens.

Back
Top Bottom