Best Song Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a little harder than I thought given that I am overwhelmed by indifference . . . have a not so secret liking for bouncing around the loungeroom with my kids to Vertigo (at requisite ear splitting volume), have a fondness for OOTS and (don't hold it against me :reject:) All Because of You, and the U23D version of Yahweh moved me and gave me a new appreciation for the song . . . :hmm: think I'll go with Crumbs From Your Table cuz it is a trifle underdone :D

great...one of my favourite U2 albums disappears while I'm out. If I could I'd vote this shitheap out in one go except, Original Of The Species, Vertigo, A Man And A Woman and Yahweh...the rest is dire by U2's standards. The mind boggles as to how A Man And A Woman can a) be getting so many votes this early and b) Getting MORE VOTES THAT ONE STEP CLOSER.

Yahweh :yawn:

1. A Man And A Woman (and I don't get you people)
2. Crumbs From Your Table
3. City Of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. All Because Of You
6. Vertigo
7. Love And Peace Or Else
8. SYCMIOYO
9. OOTS

10. One Step Closer

11. Yahweh.

I only rate One Step Closer above Yahweh because it doesn't actually hurt my ears.

Yahweh has so much hate.... I don't get it, it's very JT era to me.
Bono's voice on it is great, kind of ok lyrics I admit, but the melody is great.
A man and a woman has some of Bono's best vocals since 91 !!

All because of you, One step closer and Crumbs are shitty songs, the rest is ok

Looks like it'll be Yahweh to protect AMAAW and OSC.

This album is such a mess. I voted for Miracle Drug, but I dislike about half of these songs equally. Eh.

All Because of You...

still no idea why the alternate version wasn't used instead of this.

A Man and a Woman. Surprised about the hate for Sometimes ... and OOTS, two very passionate songs.

Now, can we just skip to NLOTH?

Dunno if I agree with the premature closing of ATCYLB, there is always scope for major shifts in voting direction once one song is eliminated, but ah well.....

I love Yahweh, and One Step Closer has grown significantly.... A Man And A Woman is a triumphant moment in the U2 catalogue, U2 adopting a different sound and executing this experiment beautifully....

All Because Of You is garbage.

Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and City Of Blinding Lights to proceed for my preference, with Yahweh just missing out...

Gee, this album has aged atrociously.

Damn, I left for a week and missed the entirety of ATYCLB.... anyways, it's not like I care about anything in there!

yeah a bit longer to decide whether to get rid of ATYCLB would have been nice, Ax. Not everyone comes here every moment they can to check. I for one was working too. I feel like your personal opinion on the album overrode this a little :huh:

i can see the argument that more time should've been given to allow people to voice their opinions, but honestly i can't see anything other than beautiful day, walk on, and kite making it through. i do know the dynamics can change an outcome when one song is eliminated but out of the ones that got cut, i can't see how any of them would've made it to the finals. that's just my opinion though, but especially since everything else had over a dozen votes while the finalists only had two votes combined, short of some wild card happening, those three were pretty much guaranteed to make it.

I don't think your vote would've changed anything on this Gareth. He asked a day in advance and pretty much everyone but Danny agreed on it, and he didn't even mind it.

I hope two more people vote for Yahweh.

hey where did I say my vote would change everything like I'm some messiah?? I was just saying...even if he did ask us it was just over one day. Not everyone logs in daily, it's just the principle that's all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom