Best Song Survivor: Grand Final X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the tenth grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the ninth grand final, shit result was shit. One Tree Hill was the loser and finishes in seventh place for the tournament.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa
9. Stay
8. All I Want Is You
7. One Tree Hill

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
39 votes: One Tree Hill
33: The Unforgettable Fire
19: New Year's Day
10: Until The End Of The World
9: The Fly
7: Bad
2: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 119)

UTEOTW.

I view UF and NYD as just about equal and couldn't really decide which to oust to save the other. I'd rather have no part in eliminating the two best songs left. So I'm going after the legitimately worst song here, UTEOTW, in the vain hope it might lose instead.

New Year's Day for me... a slightly overkilled classic, whereas tuf is respect, and the chorus is astonishing.

fez-being born?

Also: Mercy came on shuffle just before. And by god, it is so much better than Magnificent in every single possible way.

Can't agree there, both are stupendously cracking tunes, but Magnificent is so much better

Don't understand the hate for NYD, one of the best and most important songs of the band's history, up there with Pride in terms of "U2 wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for these songs."
I actually think that bad is the weakest song here, the WAIA version is of course perfect, but the studio version isn't.
I'll vote UTEOTW to try and save NYD.

Does everyone really prefer The Fly to UTEOFTW? That seems odd to me.

Does everyone really prefer The Fly to UTEOFTW? That seems odd to me.

I actually seem to be in the minority that prefers UTEOTW to the Fly. Both are really awesome and both in my top 10 songs of all time, but i find UTEOTW to be a tad better musically than The Fly; the lyrics are a tad better and i enjoy all the grunginess of UTEOW, but it is really really close.

Also: Mercy came on shuffle just before. And by god, it is so much better than Magnificent in every single possible way.

Nononono, nooooono. Noonononoooo. No. No No. Nononononononononono. Noooooooooooooo.

I'm saving my vote to save UTEOTW

I actually seem to be in the minority that prefers UTEOTW to the Fly. Both are really awesome and both in my top 10 songs of all time, but i find UTEOTW to be a tad better musically than The Fly; the lyrics are a tad better and i enjoy all the grunginess of UTEOW, but it is really really close.

I feel the same way you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom