Best Song Survivor: Grand Final IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the third grand final, the final representative from Pop, Gone, was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
23 votes: Gone
22: A Sort Of Homecoming
18: Zooropa
15: Beautiful Day
10: One Tree Hill, Magnificent
7: The Unforgettable Fire
5: All I Want Is You
3: Stay
2: New Year's Day
1: Bad, Until The End Of The World
0: With Or Without You, The Fly
(Total votes: 117)

Beautiful Day, yet again.

I will be aghast if ASOH is kicked out this round. As far as I'm concerned, it is U2's second best song, right behind One Tree Hill.

I'll also be pretty disappointed if Zooropa is kicked off, and there's no way I can bring myself to vote Zooropa to protect ASOH. Especially not when tracks like Beautiful Day, AIWIY, Stay, and UTEOTW are still here.

Come on people. We have got bona fide U2 classics here. Why the fuck is Magnificent still here. If I didn't detest it so, I'd stop voting altogether in protest

Bad until it's gone which wont happen anytime soon... :angry:

Sorry guys, I just don't like the studio version :down:, which is what we're voting here... Studio Versions right??

So tough, ASOH is the first song I really loved by U2 and Magnificent is my favourite U2 song right now and they were the least likely candidates for me to vote out. Much as I love 80's and 90's U2 I think Beautiful Day deserves there to be up there with the best from those decades, so with a heavy heart I'm making the highly difficult decision to vote out With or Without you.

Ax, what the hell happened to Pride? It was included in this competition right? Was it voted out during one of my frequent blackouts???

Ax, what the hell happened to Pride? It was included in this competition right? Was it voted out during one of my frequent blackouts???

Pride was ousted in the first round of the 1980s semi-final in a draw with SBS.

Unforgettable Fire again, though may be some time before I am joined by other voters on this one, a slight obsession with the entire album which just bypasses me (although Bad, Promenade and ASOH are all great!)

Which was a traveshamockery, similar to Gone's ousting last round.

Zooropa, an experiment that failed, is the obvious choice here...though apparently obvious only to me as the rest of the voters have gone mad and voted for ASOH.

Shame, but I guess in UF New Years Day and ASOH it was up against big competition.

Thanks Ax, beginning to wish I hadn't voted for WOWY but it wont go out yet anyway.

Come on people. We have got bona fide U2 classics here. Why the fuck is Magnificent still here. If I didn't detest it so, I'd stop voting altogether in protest

because it probably will go down as one of U2's classics, whether or not the pop kids listen to it on the radio.

magnificent.

how in the world is magnificent still here? this is one where its hanging in here because its new. do this again two years from now, and magnificent will be long gone by now.

my vote was for All I Want Is You again.

Ax, can we include Fez-Being Born with One and WTSHNN as the untouchable songs?

Yay, Gone is it's namesake. 'Bout time too. Decidedly average by U2's lofty standards.

I might regret this, but there are three weak links here, End Of World, One Tree Hill and All I Want Is You. I'll vote for the AIWIY, but perhaps I should be voting Homecoming in order to save Magnifico and Beauty Day - I sincerely hope I won't regret this vote :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom