Best Song Survivor: Grand Final III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck? You people are ousting Gone?! That's almost as bad as kicking off ASOH.

Meanwhile, Beautiful Day of all songs is still here ...

Looks like we are finally gonna be rid of Gone :hyper:

But the amount of votes for Zooropa is worrying, I might have to vote to save it next round, which means I will take A Sort Of Homecoming down if I need to.

I'm hoping a lot of the Gone voters move over to Magnificent or Beautiful Day next round.

Am I one of the only people here who thinks that Magnificent is one of the best songs they've ever made?

Regardless, AIWIY and Beautiful Day need to go. How anything like Zooropa or Gone could be kicked out before them is beyond me (although Beautiful Day does have a bit of a special place in my heart).

Am I one of the only people here who thinks that Magnificent is one of the best songs they've ever made?

You're obviously not, which is why it's doing better than songs that are already established as classics considered by U2 fans over the past twenty five years, even though it's shit.

You're obviously not, which is why it's doing better than songs that are already established as classics considered by U2 fans over the past twenty five years, even though it's shit.
It's not shit, but it's not as good as it's cracked up to be.

Is anyone holy shit @ Zooropa getting 18 votes? Didn't it win last time? :ohmy:

It's not shit, but it's not as good as it's cracked up to be.

Is anyone holy shit @ Zooropa getting 18 votes? Didn't it win last time? :ohmy:

Zooropa and One Tree Hill tied as victors in Rest Of U2 Survivor, which excluded all the tracks on the Best Ofs.

What is this? ASOH is one of the band's best songs. Certainly their best pre-Joshua Tree.

I easily prefer it to anything off Achtung Baby, and other second tier nonsense like AIWIY and Gone. Seriously? All I Want is You? It's not anything special. Take away the arrangement, and you've got a hell of a boring song.

Why the hate for All I Want Is You? As far as I'm concerned, it features some of the very finest lyrics Bono ever penned and, like the lyrics in question, the music is simple, direct, and powerful. The strings at the end of the track, while often (mis)construed as pretentious, are merely a beautiful extension of a very beautiful melody that progresses and develops naturally. It's one of the few moments when U2 has ever chosen to indulge themselves with an arrangement, and it proved to be a stroke of genius here.

Why the hate for All I Want Is You? As far as I'm concerned, it features some of the very finest lyrics Bono ever penned and, like the lyrics in question, the music is simple, direct, and powerful. The strings at the end of the track, while often (mis)construed as pretentious, are merely a beautiful extension of a very beautiful melody that progresses and develops naturally. It's one of the few moments when U2 has ever chosen to indulge themselves with an arrangement, and it proved to be a stroke of genius here.
if you think five votes for aiwiy is hate, i hope you don't see how many people have voted for zooropa. :wink:

if you think five votes for aiwiy is hate, i hope you don't see how many people have voted for zooropa. :wink:

I knew someone would point out the vote count. :wink:

No, I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times in this thread as one of the inferior tracks, although the votes in question got caught in the ASOH/Zooropa/Gone crossfire and ended up passing AIWIY by. It'll last a few more rounds and that'll be it, sadly.

But never mind me, I'm just irritated because Bad, WOWY, and The Fly only have one vote combined. :grumpy:

I knew someone would point out the vote count. :wink:

No, I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times in this thread as one of the inferior tracks, although the votes in question got caught in the ASOH/Zooropa/Gone crossfire and ended up passing AIWIY by. It'll last a few more rounds and that'll be it, sadly.

But never mind me, I'm just irritated because Bad, WOWY, and The Fly only have one vote combined. :grumpy:
:lol:

i like the track. though it's not my favourite of what's left or anything, i do like it.

oh, and believe me, i understand. i think i've made my opinion on studio bad (which is what we're supposed to be basing our votes on anyway) well known. had it been up to me, it would've been one of the first to go from tuf. the fly i like, though wowy i do appreciate, it's just so overplayed.

Totally correct Lemon Melon, you couldn't be more right!:heart::heart::up::applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom