Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The Unforgettable Fire was deemed forgettable (or more so than eight other songs) in the last round. Thus, eight songs remain in this best song survivor. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

It's time for Zooropa to go. Though I'm saving my vote to save The Fly. My favorite U2 song, so I have no restraints voting for anything else to save it.

Bummed that UF is gone but these are all great tracks. I'm voting Stay again.

The Fly is so horribly overrated.

Stay or New Year's Day, it's like choosing between your favourite kids

Wow. Stay is not worthy to be in this company. Can't believe it might outlast New Year's Day. For shame.

Sucks that NYD, the best song left, looks like it's going to perish either this round or next.

Sucks that NYD, the best song left, looks like it's going to perish either this round or next.

Most people say that the joshua Tree singles or Pride were the songs that launched u2's superstardom. Although these are valid arguments, New Years Day is the song IMO that U2's career hangs upon, their most catchy song to date it propelled them into the UK top 10(in those days no easy feet) and gave them a solid base to launch a career in the States upon.

New Years Day is pretty much perfect. However I wont condemn anyone voting for it as every song left is perfect too.

While all of these songs are worthy as some of the best of U2, New Years Day is pretty much perfect classic U2. It touches all the bases, from catchy pop hit, classic u2 sound, great music, lyrics, and kind of all around you name it. And if you were around for MTV's olden days and remember sitting up all night watching music videos, the nostalgia on this one is huge. :D

Back
Top Bottom