Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, you decided that Zooropa n'est pas ce que vous voulez. Five songs remain in this competition. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found ici.

My least favorite here is without a doubt Bad, but as has been the case in the last few rounds, I will abstain from voting to save my favorite U2 song, The Fly.

And tourist, when did the band call The Fly "dated"?

My least favorite here is without a doubt Bad, but as has been the case in the last few rounds, I will abstain from voting to save my favorite U2 song, The Fly.

It's my favourite U2 song as well. It still sounds fresher to me then anything they've done in a decade.

Bowie said at the time that it didn't sound finished, but I think he was with Tin Machine back then so that tells you a lot.

Edge said that at the time of the 90-00 best of (this was the excuse for not including it).

Of course, he is completely wrong. The Fly is not dated and it is a top 3 U2 song.

I guess I thought when they brought it back for the Vertigo tour, and further on the 360 tour, it sounded fresher and more updated than ever. :shrug:

Edge said that at the time of the 90-00 best of (this was the excuse for not including it).

Of course, he is completely wrong. The Fly is not dated and it is a top 3 U2 song.

Omitting The Fly but including The Hands That Built America is something that should have been dealt with as a crime against humanity.:down:

The Fly is the best U2 song of the past 21.5 and counting years. It should finish as runner-up in the contest, but having it outlive the sacred cow known as Zooropa is gratifying enough :wink:

Bowie said at the time that it didn't sound finished, but I think he was with Tin Machine back then so that tells you a lot.

I liked some of Tin Machine's stuff. Their first album was good.

Anyway, for me The Fly is my least fave out of this list--Don't get me wrong--I love the song. My top three from this list would have to be UTEOTW, Streets and Bad.

Can't believe that Zooropa is gone.

All five of the remaining songs are epic live, but one is mixed like arse in studio: UTEOTW. So this is a fairly easy vote.

Won't be disappointed if WOWY perishes though, since it's sucked so hard live since Popmart. I just don't understand how it could become so bad live when the earlier versions, especially on Lovetown, are some of U2's most majestic and powerful live performances.

Can't believe that Zooropa is gone.

All five of the remaining songs are epic live, but one is mixed like arse in studio: UTEOTW. So this is a fairly easy vote.

Won't be disappointed if WOWY perishes though, since it's sucked so hard live since Popmart. I just don't understand how it could become so bad live when the earlier versions, especially on Lovetown, are some of U2's most majestic and powerful live performances.

Because Bono started sleep walking through it.

with or without youzzzzzzzzz

i'm not really bored with it to the point off near-hatred :lol: as i have been for decades anymore

:tsk: on all of you giving Zooropa -one of the most magical songs U2 has ever done the boot? :madspit:

:)

The Fly sounding dated? Nevah!

Though I'd choose UTEOTW over it. But it is a wooo! great song.

I'm totally OK with Bad, WOWY, UTEOTW or The Fly winning this. Streets is the only one that would disappoint me, so my vote goes there. It would be LAME if the other 4 tie leaving just Streets. :doh:

Why, are people going to plan to do that on purpose? Well that would be pretty disappointing, yes!

Edit: I read your post wrong (in relation to mine)(sorry, I'm tired!), I see you meant because Streets will win, not the tie. :grumpy: Yeah that I'm guessing will happen too.

There's nothing wrong with Streets, it's fantastic, and is one of the highlights of every live show. I just feel each of the other 4 songs are better songs on their own, when not taking the live emotion into account. Anyway, Streets winning will be fine. Woooo! :wink:

WOWY sounds horrible these days. The studio version and the live versions up to 1992 are superb. I wish they stopped playing it, because all the magic has gone. I blame Bono for this: talking, sleepwalking and mumbling throughout the song. The passion has gone...

Back
Top Bottom