Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And so begins the end of the 2012-2013 Best Song Survivor, with a series of rounds constituting finals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

There are nine incredible songs here and one sack of crap. Ultra Violet never should've made it this far. Talk about a post-tour bounce.

Ultraviolet is my second-favorite U2 song, but I will go with the general consensus now that Lemon is gone, and vote it off. Light your way out of here. :heart::wink:

:lol: I'm confusing everyone, I know. Simply ignored the "second-favorite U2 song of all time" opinion of mine and just voted. :shrug:

It's my second-favorite too... although I didn't vote for it, haha. :D

There are nine incredible songs here and one sack of crap. Ultra Violet never should've made it this far. Talk about a post-tour bounce.

And Zooropa? Although I always liked it too...

New Year's Day
Where the Streets Have No Name
Until the End of the World
Bad
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
With or Without You
The Fly
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Zooropa

Wow, what an awesome band.

A Sort of Homecoming should be here, though.

MOS and BD should be on that list. I'm one of the last people here to bang the drum for 00's U2, but those two offerings are easily amongst the finest of their career.

MOS and BD should be on that list. I'm one of the last people here to bang the drum for 00's U2, but those two offerings are easily amongst the finest of their career.

At the expense of..? These songs are all better than those two. Homecoming should definitely be here. Why we booted that is beyond me.

Wait a second, we're down to the 10 best U2 songs, one of which is a "sack of crap", and you want to add more in? If the top 10 U2 songs ever includes 1 "sack of crap", I can only conclude that making a list of the top 12 U2 songs would mean 3 "sacks of crap."

Wait a second, we're down to the 10 best U2 songs, one of which is a "sack of crap", and you want to add more in? If the top 10 U2 songs ever includes a 1 "sack of crap", I can only conclude that making a list of the top 12 U2 songs would mean 3 "sacks of crap."

Actually there would be 1.2 sacks of crap.

(There are no bad songs left, I'm just pissed off with UV for killing off Lemon)

I agree.

And for the poster who asked at the expense of which, Ultraviolet and Unforgettable Fire for me. UF is an awesome album, but the song is held in a bit too high regard around here in my opinion. Good song, though.

I actually enjoyed UF more before they played that crap version of it on 360. I think the tour had the opposite effect on voting this time.

That fact that they played UV on this tour- and it was awesome- reinforces the fact that it's a top- 10 U2 song.

I swear to fuck, if UV kills off TUF with its baby baby bullshit, I will destroy this forum. I know people. It will join MySpace in the internet graveyard. It will be so violently rocked by justice that even Andy will notice.

Anybody else tired of folks getting their panties in a bunch over which songs get eliminated?

I mean really, really tired.

If you can't handle other people having a different opinion than you about which songs are their favorites, you probably shouldn't be in a game/contest/whatever-this-is like this one.

UV, much as I love it it doesn't really merit its place here IMO.

Very surprised that TUF isn't far behind, it's easily a top 5 U2 song for me.

I have to vote for Ultraviolet Light to save Unforgettable Fire.

It is here where you find out which are really your favourite songs... Some of these are untouchable. I just can't bring myself tovote for NYD, Unforgettable or Zooropa.

I genuinely love all the songs remaining. I imagine most people here probably feel the same. This round should involve little in the way of actual arguments, I hope.

Also, I'm really disappointed about a recent thread getting closed and me not being able to respond to a vague response to my post as well several attacks. I understand that civility is a goal on this forum, but my being unable to respond feels like I have been given two choices: weakly ducking out of a debate or being an antagonist and continuing one where no one wants it. So, I am just stating here that I would like the opportunity to respond if that opportunity so presents itself with some civility. I understand that other parties may be unable to present such civility, but I hope that it happens.

Back
Top Bottom