Best Song Survivor: Early 80s Quarterfinal Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
A Celebration shan't be celebrating right now, as it was eliminated in the first round of the early 1980s quarterfinal. That leaves nine songs vying for five slots in the 1980s semifinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Easy. Tomorrow. (btw that's a cracking line-up. You've earned your crate of beer, EYKIW :up:

Am I seriously going to have to vote for my second-favorite song here to try to protect my favorite song? :(

Since this round looks to be a battle between Drowning Man and Tomorrow, I won't be voting for my least favorite song, and voting Drowning Man to try to save Tomorrow.

Blooming heck, I'll vote for Tomorrow to try and save Drowning Man, but I was kinda hoping Electrico might have been getting a few more votes by now.

i've just got home from the pub very drunk and seeing this poll is making me want to listen to the first three U2 albums for the first time in about a year!! good work :up:

Surprised that drowning man is leading this. Despite being my 4th favorite on War, it's my 5th favorite of the selections that made it through.

1. Near Year's Day
2. Gloria
3. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Drowning Man
6. A Celebration
7. The Electric Co.
8. Out Of Control
9. Tomorrow
10. 11 O Clock Tick Tock

New Year's Day, Tomorrow and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock are my favourite songs from this era.

Sorry Drowning Man, you're great but all the others are that little bit greater.

This. All of these tracks are quality, but one's got to go.

The five I want to make the finals are New Year's Day, The Electric Co., Gloria, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and An Cat Dubh ... but if the last two don't make it, I can't say I'd be too bummed because the other options are also amazing.

1. Gloria
2. New Years Day
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. A Celebration / Drowning Man - both will be gone ... So Outta Control

gvox said:
Digitize, I voted for my least favorite song.

However, if Tomorrow is going to lose and Drowning Man needs votes, change mine to Drowning Man.

Just kidding lol!!

:wink:

I mean, I'm willing to.

Clearly we need more advanced polling software on Interference where we can cast fully preferenced ballots! :wink:

Axver said:
Clearly we need more advanced polling software on Interference where we can cast fully preferenced ballots! :wink:

I strongly considered using a more advanced polling system, either by using an online instant runoff polling website, or, more likely, coding something up myself. I figured that it would likely take away the fun, though. There's entertainment in the imperfection of this system.

They're still pissed that Drowning Man ousted Like A Song. :)

Haha.

It is true that if Like A Song had made it in place of Drowning Man, I'd be voting Tomorrow.

But I love all of these songs, so my vote for Drowning Man is not out of any "hate".

Back
Top Bottom