Best Song Survivor: Boy Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's give it another hour or two and see if ITH can maintain a massive lead. If it stays like this, I'll do a new round.

Twilight is possibly the best song on this album. Why do people want to vote it off?

Yeah, I'd always rank Twilight in Boy's top two, with The Electric Co. Hard to believe it improved so much from the catastrophic demo.

Some of the songs that didn't make Boy were pretty good, and given how much improvement there was in the dodgy songs that did make the album, I wonder just how awesome The Dream Is Over or Lost On A Silent Planet could've been.

exactly. boy could have been a tragedy, thank god it wasn't.
exactly. thank you, steve lillywhite!

Some of the songs that didn't make Boy were pretty good, and given how much improvement there was in the dodgy songs that did make the album, I wonder just how awesome The Dream Is Over or Lost On A Silent Planet could've been.
agreed. it's a shame so many great demos from the pre-boy/boy era never got released, not until the itunes box set anyway. they should've at least been used as b-sides or stopgap singles.

agreed. it's a shame so many great demos from the pre-boy/boy era never got released, not until the itunes box set anyway. they should've at least been used as b-sides or stopgap singles.

I'm really surprised nothing got used during the October era, given how desperate they were!

I'm really surprised nothing got used during the October era, given how desperate they were!
i'm still pissed that we never got a glimpse of what lyrics bono had written that were in the suitcase that got "stolen" - i figured for sure some scans would be included in the remastered stuff.

Into the Heart for me.

Next round will be like picking a favorite son...

after you mentioned it to me a few weeks ago, i can't help but think the same way now.
duh, because we have to agree on everything!

seriously, ever since i read about those stolen lyrics back in 96, i was like...i wanna see these lyrics! then bono gets them back in his possession and they're never spoken of again? come on!!

Given that the lyrics were probably just "falling down/when I fall down/I'm falling down/faaaalll down find another permutation on "fall down"", I doubt we're missing much.

Given that the lyrics were probably just "falling down/when I fall down/I'm falling down/faaaalll down find another permutation on "fall down"", I doubt we're missing much.

What if they were actually a poetic, philosophical work of genius that would have changed the world as we know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom