Best Song Survivor: Boy Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third round of Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner. In the last round, Shadows And Tall Trees was ousted in an absolute landslide.

ELIMINATED SONGS

Boy
11. The Ocean
10. Shadows And Tall Trees

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
40 votes: Shadows And Tall Trees
15: Stories For Boys
13: Into The Heart
9: Another Time, Another Place
5: An Cat Dubh, A Day Without Me
4: Twilight
2: Out Of Control
1: I Will Follow, The Electric Co.
(Total votes: 95)

Into The Heart. Great song, but not as good as the other eight when considered in isolation without An Cat Dubh.

Looks like this round will probably be a battle between ITH and Stories For Boys. I don't think SFB should go this round, but I'd probably vote for it next if ITH goes, so I don't feel particularly passionate about protecting it.

Yeah that ^ will probably be the battle this round, so my Twilight vote here will probably not make any difference, but it's my next least fave here so that, it is.

(Actually the battle might be ITH and ADWM, a lot of people don't like that one too right? I love it personally)

(Actually the battle might be ITH and ADWM, a lot of people don't like that one too right? I love it personally)

If there's going to be a third song challenging for elimination, I think it'd be ATAP rather than ADWM. That's never been a popular track on Interference, for reasons thoroughly beyond me. I think it's a quality song.

ITH, though like coolian, I ultimately consider it a part of An Cat Dubh. On its own, though, it's the weakest on the list.

If there's going to be a third song challenging for elimination, I think it'd be ATAP rather than ADWM. That's never been a popular track on Interference, for reasons thoroughly beyond me. I think it's a quality song.

Yeah when I first posted that I actually had put ATAP, then I edited it because I thought it was ADWM which is liked less around here, but maybe it's both, I haven't seen much love here for either song really. I personally think they are both great songs that I would even place ahead of IWF, but that one does get saved by the your eyes make a circle part, and of course the catchy guitar. But really it's just way more well known to many people so the other 2 don't really have a chance against it. :(

I do wish ACD/ITH were together on the poll, but since they are listed separately on all pressings on the album, I kept the official division.

My personal ranking of the album:

1. The Electric Co.
2. Twilight
3. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
4. Another Time, Another Place
5. Out Of Control
6. A Day Without Me
7. I Will Follow
8. Stories For Boys
9. Shadows And Tall Trees
10. The Ocean

4-7 are essentially equal and I nearly listed them as so. Such a bloody consistent album.

into the heart

how do people not like ATAP? excellent guitar by the edge and it has one of his longest guitar solos. :rockon:

I've listened to this album 4 times in the last two days. It's moved up to 4th on my list of U2 albums, and I've come to realize it might be the band's most consistent work. I don't know what to vote for. I'll wait to see if I can make a difference later on.

Me too, I prefer ADWM over I will Follow any day of the week. Maybe if the studio version had been more like the live version then everybody would appreciate it, the ITABTAW/ADWM combination live is one of the greatest things U2 have ever done.

Another Time Another Place, btw, is severely underrated on interference.

I don't mind SFB at all and I'm actually really surprised it's tied with ITH right now considering some people don't even feel that one is a proper song on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom