Best Song Survivor: Boy Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd pick I Will Follow, Another Time, Another Place and The Electric Co as favourites. Great song, great album.

This is interesting, since Eddie Vedder did the same thing (even worse) during his heyday. Difference was - Pearl Jam knows how to jam and it did produce some very notable versions of Porch, the song that was playing while Eddie was swinging like a monkey from 20-meter high scaffoldings, while during Bono's escapades, U2 got into a panic mode. Nothing wrong with that - you don't listen to U2 to get some cool jams and improvisations.

I think I've only heard two Eddie Vedder songs in my life. And both are from the Into the Wild Soundtrack (great record and movie incidentally).

BTW, discussing other bands in these threads is not permitted. Please stick to discussing songs on Boy.

Well, since it's coming from you, I won't rush into making that mistake again!

BTW, discussing other bands in these threads is not permitted. Please stick to discussing songs on Boy.
those are not the rules and you're not a mod, so please leave the moderating to us. don't get all hyper-defensive just because you had your hand slapped in another thread for discussing rush for multiple posts, if not pages. there's a huge difference.

those are not the rules and you're not a mod, so please leave the moderating to us. don't get all hyper-defensive just because you had your hand slapped in another thread for discussing rush for multiple posts, if not pages. there's a huge difference.

You were slapping MY hand? Not anyone else who was discussing Rush in that thread? I see.

Well, Cobbler tried to restart that little fight again back in that thread, after your warning.

Or perhaps you might want to direct your attention to the other people over in that thread, who, after your warning, also decided to act as quasi-mods.

I look forward to seeing your public rebuke of them, and yet another example of your always neutral moderation. Next time time I'll be sure to be part of your click so I can say anything I'd like and get away with it. :up:

You were slapping MY hand? Not anyone else who was discussing Rush in that thread? I see.

Well, Cobbler tried to restart that little fight again back in that thread, after your warning.

Or perhaps you might want to direct your attention to the other people over in that thread, who, after your warning, also decided to act as quasi-mods.

I look forward to seeing your public rebuke of them, and yet another example of your always neutral moderation. Next time time I'll be sure to be part of your click so I can say anything I'd like and get away with it. :)
oh jesus, calm down. clearly that post was directed at several people. but if you'd like to continue to make things more difficult for yourself then yes, your stay here can be shortened. is it really that difficult to just (privately in your head, not every post needs to be replied to) think "hmm okay" and move on?

lest i be accused of playing favourites, this can apply to anyone.

and before you attack my neutral moderation, i'd also like to point out the time of day here (in case you weren't aware there is a local timestamp next to each post), the sheer number of posts made in the forums each day, and the fact that i'm also not the only mod here. if you're going to expect me to personally address every post you feel needs addressing, i'm going to miss a lot. i do have a life and don't sit here reading the forums all day.

Well exactly that Gvox. It's done chronologically, as there will be a best of the early 80s round. It was all in the first post of the series!

Anyway, uh yeah, next round I don't know what to vote for.

Yeah, shit, next round for me is a painful choice between I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, and Out Of Control.

Fuck you Boy for being so consistently good! How dare you!

oh jesus, calm down. clearly that post was directed at several people. but if you'd like to continue to make things more difficult for yourself then yes, your stay here can be shortened. is it really that difficult to just (privately in your head, not every post needs to be replied to) think "hmm okay" and move on?

lest i be accused of playing favourites, this can apply to anyone.

and before you attack my neutral moderation, i'd also like to point out the time of day here (in case you weren't aware there is a local timestamp next to each post), the sheer number of posts made in the forums each day, and the fact that i'm also not the only mod here. if you're going to expect me to personally address every post you feel needs addressing, i'm going to miss a lot. i do have a life and don't sit here reading the forums all day.

Listen, I appreciate the special attention, but if you are going to continue to single me out like this I really am going to have to head to the Rush forums!

Nick66 said:
Listen, I appreciate the special attention, but if you are going to continue to single me out like this I really am going to have to head to the Rush forums!

You're really pushing your luck, Nick. "But what about them?" doesn't excuse your behavior. And as far as singling out, when you continue disrespectfully talking back to a mod who gave you a simple reminder, yeah, you're going to be singled out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom