Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
A vote change towards the end of the last round caused Stuck in a Moment and In a Little While to tie. They were both eliminated. Four songs are now left to compete for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Beautiful day, Walk On, and Kite are all great songs. I can't vote against those. Sorry When I Look at the World, you're gone.

WILATW will definitely go now, and that's a bummer. It's far better in the studio than Walk On, which is some adult contemporary shit with none-too-subtle lyrics that for some reason makes me cry like a little girl whenever I watch the Boston DVD.

ATYCLB haters should take note of the quality quartet remaining here. That is the spine o a good album. Voted for Walk On. Love WILATW - has some good Million Dollar Hotel vibes in the atmospherics and synths.

Walk On is tied with Beautiful Day as the best song they've released since Achtung Baby.

Seriously.
You can do better than that.

When I Look At The World. The 4 best songs are left which is a good thing:up:

I'm not a fan of Walk On at all, before I heard Miracle Drug it was my least favourite U2 song.
It was ok live during the 360 tour I suppose, but still not a fan.

My final 4 woud have been Beautiful Day, In A Little While, New York and WILATW. If only they'd used TGBHF as an official track..

Let's assemble a Walk On defense force.
Everyone who's with me, vote Kite for the next round.

Waaaalk On is about as generic a rocker as U2 gets. What particularly irks me is the "All that you..." ending sounds pinched from the end of Dark Side Of The Moon (one of my favorite albums) and now when I listen to the last 20 seconds of DSOTM I can't help but think of fucking Waaaalk On.

WILATW will definitely go now, and that's a bummer. It's far better in the studio than Walk On, which is some adult contemporary shit with none-too-subtle lyrics that for some reason makes me cry like a little girl whenever I watch the Boston DVD.

:love:

I'm glad it was a tie. WILATW would need a small miracle to survive, but I love it far more than Walk On.

Glad Stuck and IALW both finally got the hell out of here.

As for this round, Kite. Those awful cheap strings at the start really don't mesh well with the rest of the song. But these four tracks are all good. It'll be a shame if WILATW, the best song on the album, gets voted off.

I was pleased to cast the tying vote and send Stuck and IALW away (though I like them both).

I'm surprisingly impressed...if this round goes as it should, Interference will actually be left with the three best songs on this record (I'm not even sure that's happened before), all of which would be in any legitimate Top 10 list of U2's 00's output.

Why does Beautiful Day only have two votes? It's such an uninspiring song, boring pop song. Both studio and live. Kite and When I Look At The World are the two best songs here. I seriously have never understood the massive praise for Beautiful Day, everyone I know loves it but I have disliked it from the very first listen. I've tried to get into it but without any success.

Why does Beautiful Day only have two votes? It's such an uninspiring song, boring pop song. Both studio and live. Kite and When I Look At The World are the two best songs here. I seriously have never understood the massive praise for Beautiful Day, everyone I know loves it but I have disliked it from the very first listen. I've tried to get into it but without any success.

My feelings exactly.

While I agree with you that it's not that amazing, I think it's a good song and like it. But I absolutely agree that Kite and WILATW are the best songs here. I just think Walk On is shittier than BD. :)

I love Kite! It's my favorite on the record. I just connect with the lyrics and the music for that one in some inexplicable way. I love the opening strings--they create an immediate sense of uneasiness...Like "somethings bound to give." To me, the music and lyrics work perfectly together.....Anyway, couldn't decide between Walk On or WILATW. It's the latter, I guess.

I don't love Beautiful Day like many do. It's just okay.

But it's better than When I Look At the World.

Also like the new Burma Soldier version of Walk On.

That's how you do a great remake of an old song, much better than the techno Pride (though its for charity, so whatever). Some probably like it more than the studio version.

Back
Top Bottom