Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Wild Honey was eliminated in the last round. That leaves nine songs competing for All That You Can't Leave Behind's two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Hmm...It's time for "New York" to join "Miami" (Actually that would make a good poll...New York is the better of the two)

Too soon for me to vote Elevation since it was one of the first songs of theirs I heard after Sweetest Thing & Beautiful Day.

Neither Elevation nor New York should depart while Stuck and IALW are still here.

I actually do like New York and Elevation. So I guess I am going once again with an unpopular vote: In A Little While

Love New York, so I'll vote for Elevation. Incredible track live, weak album version. Still a favorite of mine.

IALW again. As Digitize says, it is on overall impressions of the songs, live, studio or however you want to judge it. IALW was been killed, maimed, butchered, and killed again live. This has destroyed the song for me - a song that was bottom half of ATYCLB anyway

I don't know how to vote. IALW, Stuck, and Elevation are more or less tied for me. Elevation is tremendously stupid but tremendous fun live (something that I probably wouldn't have thought before actually going to shows that had Elevation). IALW and Stuck is nice little soulful songs. They aren't that special to me, but I like them, when I remove annoyance that they've been overplayed (especially IALW). Tough decisions.

I don't know how to vote. IALW, Stuck, and Elevation are more or less tied for me. Elevation is tremendously stupid but tremendous fun live (something that I probably wouldn't have thought before actually going to shows that had Elevation). IALW and Stuck is nice little soulful songs. They aren't that special to me, but I like them, when I remove annoyance that they've been overplayed (especially IALW). Tough decisions.

When in doubt, use The Hive system for determining votes.

Hive Option 1: The simplest thing to do is look at how popular each song is (including a review of respective chart positions) and vote for that which is the most well-liked outside of Interference. In this case, I think your choice is clear: Elevation must go.

Hive Option 2: Vote for the song you're most "sick" of hearing, irrespective of its musical qualities. In this case, it appears to be IALW.

Hive Option 3: Vote for the song most hated by other Hive members. This is a tough one. While Elevation currently has the most votes, many Hive members seem to approve of the live version. Yet little positive is said about Stuck in a Moment, so that appears to be the answer here.

Hmmmm. Guess Hive methodology just leaves you where you started.

In this case, I'd put ATYCLB on shuffle and vote for whichever song comes up first.

When in doubt, use The Hive system for determining votes.

Hive Option 1: The simplest thing to do is look at how popular each song is (including a review of respective chart positions) and vote for that which is the most well-liked outside of Interference. In this case, I think your choice is clear: Elevation must go.

Hive Option 2: Vote for the song you're most "sick" of hearing, irrespective of its musical qualities. In this case, it appears to be IALW.

Hive Option 3: Vote for the song most hated by other Hive members. This is a tough one. While Elevation currently has the most votes, many Hive members seem to approve of the live version. Yet little positive is said about Stuck in a Moment, so that appears to be the answer here.

Hmmmm. Guess Hive methodology just leaves you where you started.

In this case, I'd put ATYCLB on shuffle and vote for whichever song comes up first.

I take back what a wrote in the last thread. He's about as charming as an anal fissure

So, I don't get it- what's with the love for WILATW? I've never connected with that song. I'll give it a fresh listen, but what am I missing? It's obviously loved around here.

WILATW is the one song on the album with halfway decent lyrics.

I didn't care for it much when I first listened, but its grown a lot.

Same here. I don't think that it's absolutely incredible, but I definitely like it a lot. Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, and WILATW are the songs on this album that I think are special. And TGBHF, if that counts.

Back
Top Bottom