Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same here. I don't think that it's absolutely incredible, but I definitely like it a lot. Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, and WILATW are the songs on this album that I think are special. And TGBHF, if that counts.

Oh I just meant WILATW grew on me, I always liked the album since those songs are the ones that made me a fan of the group.

How can you people vote off New York? It is a nice roller coaster of a song. And it has much better lyrics than Elevation!

Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics
Religious nuts, political fanatics in the stew
Happily not like me and you
That's where I lost you, New York
:heart:

Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics
Religious nuts, political fanatics in the stew
Happily not like me and you

These lyrics are a great example of why I think New York's lyrics are actually worse than Elevation's. :wink:

Elevation or Walk On For me, but I figured no one else will vote for Walk On so that made it easy.

In the hope of saving New York, Elevation!

The four weakest tracks here have the most votes, so that's good. I can definitely foresee WILATW getting shafted though. :(

Same here. I don't think that it's absolutely incredible, but I definitely like it a lot. Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, and WILATW are the songs on this album that I think are special. And TGBHF, if that counts.
I feel the exact same way:up:

In A Little While it is.

I take back what a wrote in the last thread. He's about as charming as an anal fissure

I love when you go all subtle

The four weakest tracks here have the most votes, so that's good. I can definitely foresee WILATW getting shafted though. :(

Agreed. Hoping Kite and WILATW go through, but it will probably be Beautiful Day and Walk On :sigh:

Let's be honest... there's about a zero percent chance that it will be in the top two.

Yeah, unfortunately.

More interesting will be Kite vs. Walk On. I'll throw my support behind Kite completely; Walk On is pretty bland on the album (loved it on the Elevation tour and not at all since) and while Kite has its own share of problems (I can't believe they went the cheap route and threw Casio strings on there) it's such a good song that I can't vote for it.

EL-EH-VAY-SHUN! Get rid of that and Stuck, and you've got all of my favorite songs on ATYCLB. I didn't know When I Look At The World was liked this much... as in, people are actually eliminating Elevation before it. WILATW is my favorite song on this album.

And I now prefer the artistic merits of New York over When I Look At The World.

So, Dig, if you could change my vote to When I Look At The World, that'd be great.

Thanks.

So Nick's vote shifts things to New York 22, Elevation 21. Indeed, GAF, you voted after the poll closed.

Also, Nick (and everyone), I would appreciate it if you would do future vote changes just slightly earlier than two minutes before the poll is set to close. The only reason I say that is because I'd rather not be put in the position to judge if the poll ends at the beginning of the minute or at the end of it in case clocks are out of sync and you change your vote on the border. Also, the poll doesn't tell me what time it ended after it ends, so all I have to go off of is the time that I started the thread, which is usually about a minute before I start the poll. I suppose I could write down the exact starting time of the poll, but... come on. I'd just really strongly prefer to not have to come up with a policy to handle last second strategic vote shifts if I can avoid it.

Nick has every right to try to prevent a tie if he wants to. He's not the first to cause a tie to be broken by one vote, and he may not be the last. Strategic voting happens all the time... it's just how it is.

digitize said:
Nick has every right to try to prevent a tie if he wants to.

No he doesn't. His intention was solely to piss people off. That's not a legitimate reason to change his vote.

You should be allowed five minutes to change your vote. Clicking the wrong button is a legitimate excuse in that time frame. Maybe you decided to quickly listen to the songs and changed your mind. If you want to maximize the importance of your vote, wait until the last possible second to do so. Above all: don't be a dick.

Back
Top Bottom