Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Yahweh was eliminated in the last round, leaving nine songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb competing for a lowly two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have twenty-four hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Will be voting to save Crumbs it seems, so I'll hold off for now...

Want City Of Blinding Lights and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Yer Own/Man and Woman to progress.

Crumbs is probably the first U2 song that I truly disliked, though that might have been because I discovered it during my libertarian phase.

I like both Crumbs and ABOY less than everything else here, so I'll be voting for one of them. :hmm:

Illini_Logo.png

OOTS and SYCMIOYO need to piss off. Horrible songs. One's a plodding bore and the other is twinkly saccharine crap.

Crumbs is one of the top two or three albums here and shouldn't be under threat.

All Because of You is poorly executed, has those double tracked vocals and has a weird chorus melody in that Bono cannot hit the one note.

Crumbs, to save All Because of You. That opinion does go against the grain, yes. I've always really enjoyed All Because of You, the only thing I really dislike about it is the godawful production.

I really like the guitar work in Crumbs. And I don't mind the lyrics. Sure, the production could be better I suppose. But I still don't think it is anywhere near the worst song here!

Also like the guitar work in OOTS but geez, Bono does ruin it with his sugar cmon show your soul nonsense! :angry:

I actually wish we could all vote Vertigo off together.

Disgusted that Crumbs looks like it is or soon will be on the chopping block.

Seriously, why do people dislike Crumbs so much? It's got one of the best guitar lines Edge has recorded this side of Pop, and the lyrics are no worse than... well, most of Bono's work this side of Pop. It's a far sight better than the shoddy lyricism of, say, OOTS, Vertigo, ABOY, or LAPOE.

Seriously, why do people dislike Crumbs so much? It's got one of the best guitar lines Edge has recorded this side of Pop, and the lyrics are no worse than... well, most of Bono's work this side of Pop. It's a far sight better than the shoddy lyricism of, say, OOTS, Vertigo, ABOY, or LAPOE.

Don't think you should put much thought on it. They are all bad. I guess we're just randomly picking songs at this stage. They all suck.

Many of them do suck, especially lyrics wise. But for some reason, Crumbs (which is one of the songs here that actually has some great guitar work and decent lyrics) is getting piled on. I don't get how some people prefer OOTS to Crumbs.

Don't think you should put much thought on it. They are all bad. I guess we're just randomly picking songs at this stage. They all suck.

This is a fair point. Even COBL, the best song here, isn't one I exactly give a lot of shits about.

October... supposedly their least popular album, has better quality songs overall than this one. Heck, that drumming on Rejoice is maybe Larry's greatest moment from his whole career!

The biggest complaint I have about Atomic Bomb is that... it tries very hard to be this perfect U2 album. But it ends up being an ostentatious display of every possible U2 cliche that we may know about.

lol I love that every HTDAAB poll so far is a giant hatefest, yet it didn't come in last in the overall poll. Hell, did it outlast ATYCLB?

Also, the "hey!" Bono shouts in Crumbs after the last chorus is a way more awesome moment than anything else that happens throughout Bomb.

Well its a popular album outside this forum. I like it even if I don't love it. Though I love Vertigo, one of my favorites, especially live I love the intro.

I always say that's the great thing about U2...people will rank the albums so differently. The only universal things seem to be people ranking October as least favorite, and ranking Achtung Baby/Joshua Tree as favorite. Between those is a jumbled mess of where people would put their favorites, which is a great testament to their varied appeal.

The biggest complaint I have about Atomic Bomb is that... it tries very hard to be this perfect U2 album. But it ends up being an ostentatious display of every possible U2 cliche that we may know about.

agreed, one of the worst offenders (in my opinion) being Crumbs, featuring that pretty dull Edge-by-numbers guitar riff...I'm shocked people are so upset by it getting so many votes at this stage

Back
Top Bottom