Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Love and Peace or Else was banished in the last round; somehow, probably through some terrible black magic, Crumbs from Your Table managed to see another day. Six songs remain from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have twenty-four hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

The flailing of Hutdab continues.

Somehow it survived the cross-fire hurricane. Now it's time I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread.

I've been defending this album around here since 2005. I love it. :heart: After 7 or so years though, I'd just be repeating myself, again.

My vote goes to Crumbs again. There was a time that AMAAW would have received my vote earlier, (and probably did in past polls) but it's been the biggest grower on the album for me.
And getting to see it performed its one and only time live was just icing on the cake. :D

AMAAW is going to crack the top 5 for Bomb. Awesome.

I voted Miracle Drug because everything before the instrumental break is lame. After that, the song skyrockets, but that doesn't quite bring MD up to the level of the other 5 tracks here.

Gotta vote Crumbs here. It's just not that good of a song. Terrible mixing, weak lyrics, and those awful double-tracked vocals. Also, Bono sounds like shit going for the falsetto during the chorus.

Really the only redeeming part of it is Edge doing vaguely interesting things with the guitar, but that only takes a song like that so far.

I sold myself out last round and voted LAPOE to save Crumbs, a top three song on the album, but this round I'm sticking to my guns. SYCMIOYO is boring and tedious and should have been ousted ages ago. Seriously, Crumbs is so much better than that snoozefest. All of the other songs in this round are.

AMAAW is going to crack the top 5 for Bomb. Awesome.

I voted Miracle Drug because everything before the instrumental break is lame. After that, the song skyrockets, but that doesn't quite bring MD up to the level of the other 5 tracks here.

How could you vote Miracle Drug when you "found" the best version of it ever?!

How about the one on the Chicago DVD, where he spends 45 minutes introducing the song?

:yawn: Yea, he did really ruin the live versions with that. If you cut off the speech part, it's actually a good song... but that speech killed any momentum it might've had.

Agreed.

The song, however, is excellent.
I can see why others share your opinion, I just don't like it. I remember Bono using the term ''wallpaper music'' back in '83 or so. COBL fits into that category. It just gets on my nerves.

Back
Top Bottom