Best Song Survivor: All That You Can't Leave Behind Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely, it's genuinely hard to believe this is the same band that pushed out atyclb and hutdab. it's not like the difference between the joshua tree and achtung baby, where it sounds different...like you said, the whole kit and caboodle have turned around drastically. i was hoping for an improvement on hutdab, but they more than exceeded my expectations.

For me, the difference between NLOTH and its immediate predecessors is Bono. While the band's performances in general are up a notch, Bono really brought it this time, in a way that he hasn't since Pop. He fucking pours his heart out on MOS (that's got to be the most passionate vocal performance he's given in ages), but he's able to mix it up on Cedars, making the track palpably haunting all on his own. And that's just naming two of tracks. Think of the way Being Born kicks in and it really nails the point home.

For me, the difference between NLOTH and its immediate predecessors is Bono. While the band's performances in general are up a notch, Bono really brought it this time, in a way that he hasn't since Pop. He fucking pours his heart out on MOS (that's got to be the most passionate vocal performance he's given in ages), but he's able to mix it up on Cedars, making the track palpably haunting all on his own. And that's just naming two of tracks. Think of the way Being Born kicks in and it really nails the point home.

oh, definitely. it feels as though none of the band can excel without bono making an effort, and it's just absurd the difference in bono's contributions from the last two albums on everything he's responsible for.

Fucking word.

Three finalists does it have? I'd like to see Fez, Cedars of Lebanon aaaand probably Moment of Surrender make it through.

I'd love for Magnificent not to make it, but it looks like I'm in the absolutely miniscule minority who think it's really not that good.

My guess is Magnificent, Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender/Breathe.

Freaking Amazing Best U2 Song Ever:
None

Excellent:
Beautiful Day

Great:
Kite
When I Look At The World

Good:
Walk On
In a Little While
Wild Honey
New York

Average:
Peace on Earth
Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Obviously A *NSYNC Leftover:
Elevation

Somehow Worse Than All Of The Above:
Grace

This saves me from typing my list! :up: Though Walk On could be added to the great list. :hmm:

Funny I was here 5 years ago when HTDAAB came out and this place made it out to be a bazillion times better than ATYCLB...Interland is notably rife with flavor-of-the-weekism. I like NLOTH, but we'll see how it's viewed in a couple years, after the tour etc.

Classic

Beautiful Day

Very Good

Walk On
Kite
Stuck In A Moment
When I Look At The World
New York

Good

Peace On Earth
Elevation
Wild Honey

Average

In A Little While

Crap Song

Grace

The thing about Elevation, the album version is weak as piss, but the single version is pretty cool. The song was made to be a live moment and an explosive single and a fun jam, and with that in mind, the single version should be considered the main version in my book. That said this is album survivor.

NLOTH round will be good. Magnificent must win, it is a U2 classic. Would love to see Cedars proceed as well, I am in love with that song...

Peace On Earth. One of my favourite albums and took a while to choose but this had to go. Wild Honey is a great song, one of my favourites by U2 and one of the best they've done all decade which is saying something. What's with the hate?

:hmm: . . . I actually quite like Wild Honey . . . harmless little tune that glides and grooves and doesnt pretend to be anything other than a little piece of pure pop and its delicious on a summers afternoon, with a little glass of vino and plate of cheese and figs :wink: . . .Peace On Earth on the other hand . . . won't be rude but my goosebumples actually retreat when this song comes on :shrug:

:hmm: . . . I actually quite like Wild Honey . . . harmless little tune that glides and grooves and doesnt pretend to be anything other than a little piece of pure pop and its delicious on a summers afternoon, with a little glass of vino and plate of cheese and figs :wink:

I completely agree :) Still a tie here would not be a bad thing, it would save us at least one round of more insults being piled on to poor ATYCLB which I love :(
These 2 are leaving anyways so it really doesn't matter.

Classic

Beautiful Day

Good

New York
Kite
When I Look At The World
Wild Honey

Decent

Walk On
In A Little While

Kinda Bad

Elevation