Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the sixth round for Achtung Baby in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this album will proceed to the 1990s semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In an extremely close tussle, Ultra Violet emerged as the last round's loser.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. So Cruel
9. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
8. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. Ultra Violet

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
36 votes: Ultra Violet
35: Love Is Blindness
12: Mysterious Ways
10: Zoo Station
9: Acrobat
2: Until The End Of The World, The Fly

Mysterious Ways, both because it's my least favourite of the six here and because I want to protect Love Is Blindness. I'll be disappointed if LIB is ousted before the finals.

"In an extremely close tussle, Ultra Violet emerged as the last round's loser"

Oh well...LIVE VERSION WAS BETTER ANYWAY!

I'm still refraining from voting...just can't bring myself to do it

Zoo Station. Come on. The studio version sucks: you can't hear the chorus guitar.

Wait...

WAIT...

Looking at ur sig...

Axver...SINCE WHEN DOES TUF BONO BLUDGEON PPL?

Wait...

WAIT...

Looking at ur sig...

Axver...SINCE WHEN DOES TUF BONO BLUDGEON PPL?

Since it became the latest craze at Sydney airports and Melbourne nightclubs! KNIFE CRIME has evolved.

Plus, that's Inthistowntastic Bono. :wink:

Since it became the latest craze at Sydney airports and Melbourne nightclubs! KNIFE CRIME has evolved.

Plus, that's Inthistowntastic Bono. :wink:

OH...now I see...InThisTownTastic Bono DID NOT C THE CHARACTERISTIC FAT-ASS-NESS AND BANDANA!

(Sydney (?))

Okay...thanks for clearing that one up bud
:up:

Boring in the sense that we've heard it a bijillion times, and it has therefore declined in interest relative to classics liek Acrobat

Got ya...

I'm one of those kind of fans who likes the gems over the singles...

I can't say I've once heard The Fly on the radio in the last 10-15 years. Overplayed? No, that's MW and One, if we're talking Achtung singles exclusively.

Hence, I listen to The Fly when I want to hear it and it's both a single and a gem to me.

Mysterious Ways, both because it's my least favourite of the six here and because I want to protect Love Is Blindness. I'll be disappointed if LIB is ousted before the finals.

:wink: Prepare to be disappointed. I would be stunned if it made it past Mysterious Ways and Zoo Station.

Got ya...

I'm one of those kind of fans who likes the gems over the singles...

Yeah, sorry I was a bit harsh!

I can't say I've once heard The Fly on the radio in the last 10-15 years. Overplayed? No, that's MW and One, if we're talking Achtung singles exclusively.

Hence, I listen to The Fly when I want to hear it and it's both a single and a gem to me.

It is a great song, but I suppose my U2 upbringing, where I bought a few albums at a time and then introduced myself to them, I originally hit the immediate songs (mostly singles), and I guess the Fly was one of those. Just overplayed for ME, not necessarily on radio. Once I discovered the rest of the album, It has now become my 11th favourite on the album (ahead of TTTYAATW)

I heard Silver and Gold at the Gym yesterday...I literally stopped my treadmill to listen...made sure I wasn't just hearing things...

I heard Silver and Gold at the Gym yesterday...I literally stopped my treadmill to listen...made sure I wasn't just hearing things...

Apparently New Zealand radio used to play that a lot back in the day ... I don't remember it myself since I would've been too young, but my mother is a casual fan and she knows it well, recognised it straight away when I first played RAH - she was surprised that U2 don't play it live any more.

Apparently New Zealand radio used to play that a lot back in the day ... I don't remember it myself since I would've been too young, but my mother is a casual fan and she knows it well, recognised it straight away when I first played RAH - she was surprised that U2 don't play it live any more.

Rly now?

Yeah, it was just a big WTF moment...they played Trip Through Your Wires after (Two for Tues kind of deal)

Funny, I heard Boots debut on the radio at the Gym as well LOLO, I spend way to much time in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom