Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Until the End of the World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Fly

• Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

• Acrobat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
So Cruel was eliminated in the last round. That leaves ten songs from Achtung Baby, four of which will progress to quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I'm really surprised to see multiple votes for Love Is Blindness. That might be Bono's finest-ever lyrical turn. Can't say the same for Wild Horses, though. "You left my heart as empty as a vacant lot" is one of his worst lines, I think. Anyway, Wild Horses gets my vote.

Wild Horses is incredible. One of my favorite U2 tracks.

LiB never really took off until ZooTV.

I love both Wild Horses and LIB. I like LIB more, and it's the one I'd choose to be in finals, but casting a vote against Wild Horses would be really tough for me nonetheless.

Man, opinions have really changed around here.

Love is Blindness is remarkable. A highlight on the album as well as live.

Mysterious Ways till it's gone for me. I like it and all, it's just never really excited me much on the album. And though this doesn't affect my vote, their decision to play it on 360 without the solo was egregious.

WGRYWH is an amazing lovely song.

But all the others are amazing in their own ways too. :wink:

I chose it this round only because it had the majority of votes. :hmm: And I've finally learned that it's the best way to go when that happens to be one of the songs you aren't wanting to bring through ultimately.

Keep your final choices safe. That's pretty much it. :hug:

UTEOTW and The Fly will easily progress. Not sure about the other two slots. I'm hoping for Ultraviolet. It probably has a decent shot.

1. The Fly
2. One
3. Until the End of the World
4. Ultraviolet

All of the remaining songs could easily battle it out for my 5th place, but that really doesn't matter here.

Mysterious Ways till it's gone for me. I like it and all, it's just never really excited me much on the album. And though this doesn't affect my vote, their decision to play it on 360 without the solo was egregious.

You raise a valid point man. A really valid point.

Maybe I should start voting for MW from now on. The album version is indeed quite pale compared to the live ZooTv version.

Even Better Than The Real Thing it is. Very good opener on the previous 360 leg, just not of my favourite songs.

I really love this entire record. So this is really a tough choice...I love WGRYWH...sad to see it go so soon...I love that whole middle section "The deeper I spin..." and especially the line "Hallejulah. Heaven's white rose, the doors you open, I just can't close." Such a beautiful line. Being that it is one of my fave lyrics I can't vote for this song. But I do admit I like the "Baby" Wild Horses a lot more. It adds more intrigue, mystery and heartbreak to the story. That being said EBTTRT gets my vote. But it's a great song, too. Totally torn!

Aw, why was the best song from Achtung Baby eliminated? :sad: I wish I'd voted on this poll... that's what you get for wandering away from Interference for a few days. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom