Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Zoo Station

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Until the End of the World

• The Fly

• Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
After a contentious fight with New Year's Day, A Sort of Homecoming was defeated in the last part of the 1980s semifinal round. That means that The Unforgettable Fire, Where the Streets Have No Name, New Year's Day, Bad, and With or Without You shall be the representatives of the 1980s in the final round. We now move on to the 1990s, starting with Achtung Baby. Achtung Baby has twelve songs, and four of them will advance to the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

One. I'm sure it's a wasted vote, but it's always been my least favorite song on the album. Wish they would have released the Baby version instead.

This is a nightmare round for me. The following songs I wish to advance:

Even Better Than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Love Is Blindness

I think my top four are Ultraviolet, One, Until the End of the World and either LIB or Real Thing... but it's so hard...

TTTYAATW :wink: is my least favorite on Achtung Baby, but I love all of Achtung Baby, so there's that.

There are no bad songs on this album. At all. It's a matter of which songs are less exceptional than others. I'll do whatever it takes to protect The Fly. I commit my allegiance to The Fly.

This is an album where I know I'll be disappointed with the songs that wind up advancing. The four I'd choose would be Acrobat, Ultraviolet, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, and then depending on the day either The Fly or Until The End Of The World.

I'd have to lend my vote to Acrobat this round, and others that I may vote for could be One and Ultraviolet and most definitely TTTYAATW. The first two being a little overrated.

There are no bad songs on this album. At all. It's a matter of which songs are less exceptional than others. I'll do whatever it takes to protect The Fly. I commit my allegiance to The Fly.

Word. I'm with you there.

Also here to protect Mysterious Ways and Until the End of the World, but the Fly comes first.

lol... I think The Fly will make my top 3 for sure, so I'll take it that far for sure! :)

I voted for Acrobat, but as you said, there are no bad songs on this album. I imagine that one will make it to further rounds anyway due to the devotion for it on here.

Got to be Arms Around the World in this round. It's the only one that doesn't serve any real purpose in the scope of the album - almost as though it doesn't belong.

oh god this is going to be hard!

can't do it!

will have to listen to the album and see if there's any i feel like skipping :D

jeesus i really can't kick one out - i thought off the top of my head it would be between EBBTRT and So Cruel, but just started listening to them both, and i can't do without any of them...

it's a perfect album, no duds... (unlike the rest of them :D )

The only easy vote in this round. Sorry Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World.

This.

And This.

Although I also have One on a pretty high pedestal so I better not have to ever decide between the 2.

So Cruel is the only song here I consider to be somewhat average.

As a awkward 15 year old, I was mesmerized by So Cruel when I first heard the album. I wasn't all that familiar with U2 and Bono but immediately realized that this man could see into my soul, and that he had a very rare poetic gift. It was my favorite song for a long time. So I will do whatever I can to save So Cruel for as long as I can.

Therefore TTTYAATW. But as others have said, every song on this album is a gem.

So Cruel would have easily gotten my vote after the first three years or so of listening to this album, but it grew on me big time over the years.

The fact that this is album is so much harder to vote for than Joshua Tree confirms that this is their best album, for me.

What I base my vote on, I don't know. I have loved all these songs at one point of time or another.

All I can really vote for at this stage is Acrobat. Still really enjoy the song and has some of my favourite lyrics, but it is the only song on here where my favour for it has declined, where all other songs have increased in appeal in some way.

But I may be tempted to vote to save TTTYAATW if need be.

I find this album very easy to vote on. It's either my 4th or 5th favorite U2 album depending on the day.

I feel so cruel to vote So Cruel...

Arms Around the World was probably my favorite song from the album when I first heard it, while some of the others needed time to grow on me. I'll be sad to see it go.

The fact that this is album is so much harder to vote for than Joshua Tree confirms that this is their best album, for me.
I found The Joshua Tree much harder to vote for, but I think The Joshua Tree is the better album.

Trying To Throw Your Arms: funny song, but nothing remarkable.

I would vote for TTYAATW based on the studio version (which I still like btw), but I just adore those Zoo TV live versions...

I totally agree with you! I love the live Zoo TV version of TTYAATW. I chose to base my vote on the studio version.

I think I like The Fray's cover of Tryin' more than the original studio version. But the ZooTV live versions were great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom