Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to waste my time trying to save my favorite songs from this album, so I'll just vote for Mysterious Ways from the get-go :madspit:

My favorite song on this album. :happy:

Tryin' is the worst here, I suppose, but it's pleasant enough. Ultraviolet is U2 by numbers, but not awful U2 by numbers. Love Is Blindness is miles better live. Otherwise, I don't really care what makes it through. The peaks of this album aren't all that high, and the valleys aren't all that low. The flow of this album (and, to a lesser extent, the context of its release) is the only thing that prevents me from being utterly baffled by the unanimous praise it receives.

The four I'd currently like to see advance: Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Ultraviolet, and Acrobat.

So Cruel... which is unfortunate... 'cause I love the song... but, like a lot of songs on the album, it would be totally pointless out-of-context.

Achtung Baby :heart:

The Fly is clearly the best song out of this bunch, and it isn't all that close...it's also miles better than One. Nothing says "90s U2" like The Fly.

I'm just surprised The Fly has even one vote. Isn't is universally worshiped around here?

My favorite song on this album. :happy:

Tryin' is the worst here, I suppose, but it's pleasant enough. Ultraviolet is U2 by numbers, but not awful U2 by numbers. Love Is Blindness is miles better live. Otherwise, I don't really care what makes it through. The peaks of this album aren't all that high, and the valleys aren't all that low. The flow of this album (and, to a lesser extent, the context of its release) is the only thing that prevents me from being utterly baffled by the unanimous praise it receives.

:wink: I do my best.

So Cruel is brilliant and I'll be sad to see it go as it surely will, but it's got some stiff competition here so that's the way it is unfortunately. I'm glad I won't need to ever cast a vote against it.

The four I'd currently like to see advance: Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Ultraviolet, and Acrobat.

:hi5:

Sadly it probably won't happen since there seems to be a hate for WGRYWH somehow. :sad:

Well then LIB over it I guess, though I really prefer Wild Horses.

Trying To Throw.

After that, and ever after, I won't have a clue what to vote for.

(hahaha holy shit do you guys see what I did there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom