Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was sent galloping away in the last round. Now nine songs remain from Achtung Baby, vying for four spaces in the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Zoo Station.

Edge's guitar work in LIB (especially live version) warrants it staying around a little longer.

I can't believe you nutters are voting for Love Is Blindness, one of the best two songs on the album. When did the Hive turn against it?

I would normally vote One or UV at this point, but I might wait to see if there's a viable option to save LIB. I'm not exactly going to miss the likes of MW or EBTTRT.

There's nothing here that's better than just about anything making the 80s finals rounds,
so I don't care much one way or the other.

I'm voting for Love is Blindness because I don't like it as much as the other songs remaining.

This does not mean I do not like the song. I love the song. I love all the songs.

Guess I'm going with MW to protect LIB, a true U2 masterpiece and one of their eeriest, most haunting, most compelling songs. If Achtung Baby had been a three song EP of The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB, I might love it on the same level as some of this forum's more over-the-top Achtungophiles do.

I think I'm going to switch my vote to Mysterious Ways. My love for Love Is Blindness has only really developed recently, but it has become a favorite of mine. I really, really like Mysterious Ways as well, but I would like to try to protect Love Is Blindness.

I honestly fail to understand why Zoo Station is sticking around so long, though.

Mysterious Ways for me, if only to save the majestic Love Is Blindness.

Surprised that so many, including my boy Gman are voting for EBTTRT, it's a top 10 of all time for me.

I dig Zoo Station, it's probably my fifth favourite on the album, but I'd kick it to the gutter any day for LIB. MW is clearly the more viable option though.

It sucks heaps that both LIB and MW will likely go out before EBTTRT. I mean, dang. I'm all open to beliefs and shit but this is nasty. EBTTRETTRTT is good and all but LIB is one of their absolute strongest closers, one of the most lyrically powerful and haunting songs in the canon. MW is a song that remains as colourful and fun to me now as it did when I first heard it, also it's the song that got me into the band anyway so y'know. I know a lot of people are voting studio wise but damn, the studio version's great, y'all on wacky shit. Pfah! Why do I even subscribe!

Live version of Love is Blindness is Edge's finest moment.

Back
Top Bottom