Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please stop the vote changing. Outlaw it. It is ruining the comp

Nope, sorry. For awhile, I considered having a hard line against strategic voting, but it's what makes this interesting, and vote changing is a part of that. Plus, there's no way that I would change the rules mid-course. That would be unfair.

I would like to hear the logic behind keeping Acrobat at the expense of LiB.

Would making the results hidden until closing improve moods?

I think the toughest round of this contest will be Round 3 and beyond of Pop, after we get rid of Miami and Playboy Mansion.

Strategic voting is fine. But once your vote is cast... That's it. Hold out if you want (I already sometimes do) but no getting on your knees and requesting a vote change. It skews the graph so we have no real idea what's going on.

I think we need to have a poll to decide whether any kind of vote changing is to be allowed :wink: srly though I appreciate all the hard work and dedication Digitize has ploughed into this contest, but I agree with intedomine. If the final word is votes can be changed, that's cool I'm out. It's been fun, thanks.

What I am willing to do is say not vote requests in the future that are like "change my vote to whatever helps Acrobat stay as long as possible". But I am not going to outlaw "change my vote to Even Better Than the Real Thing". It's been too prominent a feature in the contest so far to change now without skewing things. I also would be annoyed by the vote withholding that would inevitably come. I'm sorry for those who don't like it. I know that it has its drawbacks, and next time, maybe it would be best to outlaw it upfront. I'm not sure. But there are definitely advantages to keeping vote-switching, and, as I do not view vote-switching to be a major catastrophe for the tournament, I am not going to disturb things by outlawing it now.

Strategic voting is fine. But once your vote is cast... That's it. Hold out if you want (I already sometimes do) but no getting on your knees and requesting a vote change. It skews the graph so we have no real idea what's going on.

Some people can't be here when the polls are close to closing. So yeah.

but they can be here to post that they want their vote changed in time?

Or maybe... just maybe... they post to change their vote hours beforehand. Or maybe they don't expect to be on, but plans change. Because you know, there's this thing called life off of interference. It's a beautiful thing that is constantly changing! :cute:

I really don't see any reason to change votes. If Acrobat goes this round or the next, what the hell does it matter?

And I don't see the reason for the sudden outcry since vote-changes have been happening since the very beginning of this survivor.

Anyway, to all the people who want Acrobat to survive, we need to band together on Zoo Station or Mysterious Ways (since those were the other top vote-getters this round). I don't care which one. Just let me know what we're bandwagoning on.

Is it still alive? I couldn't tell by looking at the poll.

I should have changed my vote to Acrobat back in the Boy round.

Anyway, to all the people who want Acrobat to survive, we need to band together on Zoo Station or Mysterious Ways (since those were the other top vote-getters this round). I don't care which one. Just let me know what we're bandwagoning on.

Acrobat is dead. So there's nothing to bandwagon anymore. :sad:

Acrobat is dead. So there's nothing to bandwagon anymore. :sad:

Is it with the changed votes? Because I saw a couple aside from your too-late vote that got changed.... 3 additional votes for Even Better Than The Real Thing, after just re-reading the thread. Then one that was asked to be changed from Even Better Than The Real Thing to a song that's not on the album. Heh.

Back
Top Bottom